Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Terbie

Where To Buy Products

Hi everyone!

I've only been gluten-free for a few months and I'm having a hard time figuring out where to buy products. Luckly, I'm located in Los Angeles so I assume that I'm just not looking in the right places (I only know of Trader Joes and Whole Foods).

But I'm unsure of where to buy rice flour, tapioca stratch, potato starch, xantham gum, etc. The Whole Foods close to me only has tiny (and expensive) bags.

Are there specialty stores or do ya'll order online and have it shipped? What do people do if you aren't located in a large city?

Thanks!

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I live in a very rural area of NC, and I drive over an hour to Whole Foods. :( Plus, there's a few things I order online occasionally. I do buy rice flour in the Mexican section of my regular grocery store, though. It's only about $1 a pound there. I've also been substituting cornstarch (which is much cheaper) for potato starch. So far I haven't had any problems doing that.

-Sarah

--Son, Lucas, age 7. Gluten-free since May 2007

--Son, Ezra, age 5. Gluten-free 10/13/07. Bipolar tendencies, massively improved on gluten-free diet! He's also allergic to a jillion antibiotics.

--My mother has Celiac Disease, dx'ed by Positive Blood Tests and Biopsy. Diagnosed Sarcoidosis 6/08.

--Myself, Gluten-free since 8/07

Time heals all hurt of heart... but time must be won.

Join eNewsletter

I buy my flours online at www.kinnikinnick.com. Their rice flours are very finely ground which produces a much nicer texture in baked goods. Shipping is a flat rate of $10 so stock up on bread, bagels, donuts, muffins, cookies, and baking stuff. Their stuff is hands down the best. :)

~Angie~

Gluten free since May 2004

Join eNewsletter

I buy my flours online at www.kinnikinnick.com. Their rice flours are very finely ground which produces a much nicer texture in baked goods. Shipping is a flat rate of $10 so stock up on bread, bagels, donuts, muffins, cookies, and baking stuff. Their stuff is hands down the best. :)

Ooooo, is that a little baby bug? That's so cute! (your avatar, I mean!)

If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter