Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

how long after eating something with gluten would i get sick to see if its the food?

- gluten free since August 2007

- endoscopy came back negative for celiac in December 2007

- bloodwork confirms egg allergy

- allergy testing confirms only banana, apple, melon, egg and environmental allergies

i get hives anywhere on my waist down and less bloating/constipation when i do not eat wheat.

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

From my own experience, it can be anywhere from ten minutes to several days. Usually I will get diarrhea on the second or third day, but will get brain fog, irritability and tiredness within hours.

I am a German citizen, married to a Canadian 29 years, four daughters, one son, seven granddaughters and four grandsons, with one more grandchild on the way in July 2009.

Intolerant to all lectins (including gluten), nightshades (potatoes, tomatoes, peppers, eggplant) and salicylates.

Asperger Syndrome, Tourette Syndrome, Addison's disease (adrenal insufficiency), hypothyroidism, fatigue syndrome, asthma

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Join eNewsletter

From my understanding, each reaction is individual but in my case I will react immediately upon entry. My mouth and throat will burn and sores will develop on my tongue or inside my mouth. Other symptoms wil come within 15 minutes to a few hours.

I have a co worker w Celiac. It takes a few hours before she will have a reaction.

-Ali :)

1/07 Gluten free after being severely ill and fatigued for a straight year and GI issues since teenager.

2/07 Negative blood work but phenomenal results on gluten-free diet.

2/14/07 Found to be critically deficient in vitamin D.

10/27/07 Dairy free due to being sick last two months.

10/28/07 Son, 9 yrs old, began elimination diet due to tummy issues and behavior issues.

Also dx with Fibromyalgia but not 100% sure i have it anymore now that I am on gluten free diet. Could have been Celiac all along!

Gluten free is the way to be! I feel soooo much better!

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter