Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Glutenfreefamily

Brain Fog From Other Things Than Gluten...

Granted some of my issues that cause it cannot be controlled but I know a few of my other intolerances cause it also. Is anyone aware if this causes damage? I figure it cannot be good for blood supply or oxygen supply but Im not sure just what causes brain fog to know what it is doing to my body.

Thanks for any replies :)

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

This is my opinion, so I don't know if it's the case or not .... it appears to me that brain fog is related to a higher level of toxins in your body .... so this would even apply to drugs or alcohol.

So, does it cause damage? I would say on some level over time, but not the same kind of damage as gluten will cause to a celiac's intestines.

gluten-free 12/05

diagnosed with Lyme Disease 12/06

Join eNewsletter

Granted some of my issues that cause it cannot be controlled but I know a few of my other intolerances cause it also. Is anyone aware if this causes damage? I figure it cannot be good for blood supply or oxygen supply but Im not sure just what causes brain fog to know what it is doing to my body.

Thanks for any replies :)

I think the issue is more if the damage can be permanent, if something is effecting the chemical balance in your brain or causing it to form 'scar' tissue then perhaps some damage could be permanent. I would avoid anything that caused a brain fog to be on the safe side. For some of us the intolerances to other substances will improve after we have had a chance to heal. You might want to avoid them now and then every couple months or so do a short challenge with the substance to see if you are still reactive.

Courage does not always roar, sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying

"I will try again tommorrow" (Mary Anne Radmacher)

Diagnosed by Allergist with elimination diet and diagnosis confirmed by GI in 2002

Misdiagnoses for 15 years were IBS-D, ataxia, migraines, anxiety, depression, fibromyalgia, parathesias, arthritis, livedo reticularis, hairloss, premature menopause, osteoporosis, kidney damage, diverticulosis, prediabetes and ulcers, dermatitis herpeformis

All bold resoved or went into remission in time with proper diagnosis of Celiac November 2002

Gene Test Aug 2007

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0303

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0303

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 3,3 (Subtype 9,9)

Join eNewsletter

What exactly do you feel is causing brain fog? I mean what is going on is not necessarily damage. If you understand the cause I would recommend avoiding it of course. But things such as dehydration, a mild protein or vitamin deficiency, lack of exercise, too much exercise can all cause "brain fog." It is not necessarily a terrible ailment, not to say something larger couldn't be going on though. Knock off the little things first, try more water, maybe less caffeine if you drink it, maybe a multivitamin, maybe a 15 minute walk during the day? If none of that helps and you feel it is serious, consult a physician.

Celiac Disease 2007

Spinal Fusion 2006

Grave's Disease 2000

There is a way around every obstacle.

Join eNewsletter

Thanks :) The few causes that I can control that I am aware of are gluten, dairy, caffeine, balanced carbs, low salt and no sugar.

I have menieres disease also so my brain fog from that I cant control because its an inner ear problem. I hate the way I feel with it but it could be much worse I just have to remind myself of that :D

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter