Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest Cari5393

Bob's Glute-free Cinnamon Rasin Bread.

Guest Cari5393

Can anyone help make this mix taste better? My family got me a bunch of gluten free mixes after i found out a few weeks ago I have Celiac. I made the cinnamon rasin bread mix and it is just OK. It tastes like it is missing something. (flavor maybe) :D Does anyone know what I can add to it to keep it gluten free and help it taste better? I have toasted a few slices of the loaf i made with cinnamon sugar which helps, but I want to make this for Thanksgiving and I feel like it has a way to go to be Thanksgiving worthy. Thanks

Cari

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Maybe add a little salt in the mix?

I personally don't like any of Bob's mixes, I have some flour left over that I mix a little into others to try and get rid of it. I don't like the taste of the garbanzo bean flour.

:lol: I have the same problem! We live near the BRM store and right after my son was diagnosed my mom bought me a 25 pound bag of the BRM gluten free flour mix and some other mixes. The bread, brownie, biscuit mix, cookie mix, pancake mix and flour mix are horrible. The only mix that is tolerable is the cornbread mix. I REALLY dislike garbanzo and soy flours. I have even offered to give the flour away, but now it's getting too old. :(

As for improving the bread, maybe try adding quality vanilla?

Jenny

Son 6 yrs old, Positive blood work, Outstanding dietary response, no biopsy.

Household mostly gluten free since 3/07

Me: HLA-DQ 02 & 0302 (DQ 08), which I ran & analyzed myself!Currently gluten lite, negative tTG, asymptomatic

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter