Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Has anyone tried these. They look pretty good.

28 yr old Male

Diagnosed Celiac in February 2007

Gluten-free/Casein Free

HLA DQ 2,3 Subtype (2,8) I have both celiac genes!

Married

1 child 9 months- Levi

Yeast/Bacteria overgrowth

" CHANGE THE WAY YOU LOOK AT THINGS AND THE THINGS YOU LOOK AT CHANGE"

Wayne Dyer

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Has anyone tried these. They look pretty good.

I keep the Brown Rice Cream Cereal (cream of rice hot cereal) on hand and eat it occasionally.

I like the Crispy Brown Rice Cereal, they make a gluten-free and just an original version so you have to make sure you get the one marked "gluten-free". This works great in recipes that call for Rice Krispies or other crisp rice cereals.

I agree the Twice Rice is yummy, a mixture of crisp rice and puffed rice and it's sweetened with honey.

Join eNewsletter

I like the Crispy Brown Rice Cereal, they make a gluten-free and just an original version so you have to make sure you get the one marked "gluten-free".

Yes, be careful. I accidentally bought the non-gluten-free one and gave some to my dd. I felt *just awful* when that happened....luckily, she only had a couple of bites before we realized and she didn't get sick.

Rhonda

Join eNewsletter

I just bought the Crispy Brown Rice cereal to try. I have had the one that has dried blueberries, raspberries and strawberries and like it. I'm hoping it tastes like rice krispies.

Join eNewsletter

I like this cereal, and it does that snap-crackle-pop thing that Rice Krispies do. But be careful when you buy them - there's a wheat-free version (not gluten-free) and a gluten-free-version and the boxes look almost identical.

Gluten-Free since September 15, 2005.

Peanut-Free since July 2006.

Join eNewsletter

One of our natural food stores did a giveaway that a friend of mine won a bag full of food. The only thing that was gluten free was the Erewhon brown rice cereal with mixed berries that she brought in and gave to me. I just opened it and eating it now for breakfast. I don't care much for the berries part of it. I will have to try the others that are plain. I was wondering what it would taste like and then this morning I found this thread. Coinincidential????? :huh:

Lisa

Mom of four boys

Nana to three granddaughters

Diagnosed with Celiac January 2006 after positive biopsy and follow up with positive blood tests

Diagnosed Chronic Fatigue Syndrome March 2006 after ruling out so many other things

Vitamin B12 deficiency October 2006

Oldest son diagnosed Celiac June 2006 also diagnosed type one diabetic November 2002

Join eNewsletter

Erowhon crispy brown rice with mixed berries is the only gluten free cereal my husband will eat. He loves the stuff.

~Angie~

Gluten free since May 2004

Join eNewsletter

I love the one with the berries. It is my favorite cereal, and I can usually buy it on amazon .com in bulk with a discount. Right now it is $19.86 for six boxes with free shipping if you place a $25.00 total order with amazon.

I order so much with amazon that I finally just joined the supersaver shipping and get free 2 day on almost everything I order.

Positive Bloodwork January 2007

Positive Biopsy Feb. 2007

Gluten Free since January 2007

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0201

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0303

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 2,3 (Subtype 2,9)

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter