Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

shan30650

Test Results Advice Please!

Hi All!

I just got my bloodwork back from my doctor, however it is kinda confusing to me & I was hoping for some advice. My IgG was the only result that was high, (158), and the other three were within the 'normal' range. My doctor seems to think that celiac disease is a definite possibility...Has anyone else gotten only one result that was outside of the normal range & still be considered a celiac?? I haven't had any of the normal symptoms recently, but about 5 years ago I was very sick with digestion problems, but I was never tested for celiac disease.

Thanks for any help!

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Hi All!

My IgG was the only result that was high, (158), and the other three were within the 'normal' range.

Im not sure if I follow your specific logic. I would like to know what mine were. What do u ask for these numbers?

My doctor said there are 4 different blood works and they did 2/4 of the tests on my blood and I came back negative for 1 and posative for the other.

I had my biopsy this morning... it was something ive never experienced lol. Ill have my results in a few days.

Join eNewsletter

I was just wondering if you had to be positive for all four blood tests in order to have the disease. I believe the different tests are IgG, Igg, IgA, & Iga.

My doctor gave me a copy of my results, that how I knew the specific numbers.

And I had my biopsy yesterday...it was an experience to say the least.

Join eNewsletter

There are five tests that make up the Celiac panel

Anti-gliadin antibodies (AGA) IgA

Anti-gliadin antibodies (AGA)IgG

Anti-endomysial antibodies (EMA) - IgA

Anti-tissue transglutaminase antibodies (tTG) - IgA

Total IgA level

No, you don't have to have them all. Some have all, some have some, some have one, some have none.

"Of the commercially available serologic tests that aid in the diagnosis of celiac disease, no one test is ideal. Using multiple serologies increases the diagnostic yield. "

http://www.celiacdiseasecenter.columbia.ed...C05-Testing.htm

Join eNewsletter

I was just wondering if you had to be positive for all four blood tests in order to have the disease. I believe the different tests are IgG, Igg, IgA, & Iga.

My doctor gave me a copy of my results, that how I knew the specific numbers.

And I had my biopsy yesterday...it was an experience to say the least.

You can have celiac and not have any come out positive. Since you have had your biopsy you can go ahead and give the diet a try. Regardless of the outcome of the biopsy you should give the diet a good try for at least 3 months.

Courage does not always roar, sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying

"I will try again tommorrow" (Mary Anne Radmacher)

Diagnosed by Allergist with elimination diet and diagnosis confirmed by GI in 2002

Misdiagnoses for 15 years were IBS-D, ataxia, migraines, anxiety, depression, fibromyalgia, parathesias, arthritis, livedo reticularis, hairloss, premature menopause, osteoporosis, kidney damage, diverticulosis, prediabetes and ulcers, dermatitis herpeformis

All bold resoved or went into remission in time with proper diagnosis of Celiac November 2002

Gene Test Aug 2007

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0303

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0303

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 3,3 (Subtype 9,9)

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter