Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ShayBraMom

Came Out Of The Closet And Did Are Gonna Do The Switch!

No, not how you think *lol*! I finally contacted a Supportgroup, sadly the closest one is over an hour of drive from here. They invited us for their annual POTLUCK BBQ coming up and well go! It'll be so nice to be able to give Brandy anything she wants since everything will be glutenfree!!!! They also put me in contact with another Lady who is Celiac as well and she's from my city Sierra vista! Even though she was never officialluy diagnosed, she gets sick after glutened so badly and it takes her up to three weeks to recover from that! I do believe that since it takes for my dd the same ammount of time now to recover! After I took her off the first time of Gluten (Iwasn't evens ure if that's what it was that bugged her) it took only a bit over a week for her to go back to normal and sleep through the night!. the second time around IO had eher again 3 weeks glutenfree, two days befre the 3 week mark she started sleeping through the night again , on the 3 week makr the Gastro called me and said I have to put her back on gluten otherwiese a biopsy ther only way to pin it down is not gonna turn up anything! So it was back to Gluten again, now she's been 5 dasy off of it, still no improvement, it should acutally get worse again since my son unintentionally fed her a couple of noodles today by dropping some down to the floor :blink: where she picked them up as she crawled by! :ph34r: . she knew what I was after when I yelled out adn attempted to dig them out of her mouth. Once she got something in her mouth she'll not give it up! This did it, I called my husband and told him aobut what had happened and we decided we will go Glutenfree in this house. It's just too dangerous, and one slipup like that ruins all the glutenfree days she had before plus the fact that she seems to react worse everytim she's been off gluten and then gets some! Besides that I realized today that her Vitamindrops have Gluten in them as well :angry: I've been on the phone this morning calling around! Motrin themselves offer this dyefree Motrin which they at least on their website officilally declare gluten and caseinfree! they did say on the phone tha tnoe of their Meds havve gluten in them anymore and that simply not all of them had this expensive test that proves that they really are glutenfree, but this one seems to have been tested since they point that out. Even though the other motrins might be just as Glutenfree and good with this one I'll calm my concience!

Thanks for listening!

Here the link for that Motrin:

http://www.motrin.com/page.jhtml?id=motrin...ren/dyefree.inc

Susi with Shayden and Brandy

Shayden, pos. with DQ 2, pos. for Glutensensitivity with Tissuetransglutaminase Stool TgA 45 Units

Brandy, pos. with DQ2 + DQ8, DX Celiac Nov.07, gluten-free since Nov. 1st 07, Tissuetransglutaminase Stool TgA 63 Units

Me: Gastroscopy negative f. Celiac, IBS, Oesophagitis, Hiatus-Hernia

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Join eNewsletter