Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

3fingerbrown

Trader Joe's Vindaloo Chicken?

The frozen Chicken Vindaloo is not on their Gluten free list but there also aren't any obvious offending ingredients.

Trader Joes is usually really good with their private label foodstuffs and listing all allergen information and ingredients but the list of ingredients for this product includes "spices".

Has anyone had it and is it safe?

Thanks in advance,

Ari

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Our suppliers follow Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP

Dairy/Casein Free- March 2007

Gluten Free- May 2007

Soy Free- August 2007

Sugar Free- January 2008

Starch Free- January 2008

Egg Free (again!)- February 2008

Sulfur Free- May 2008

Dx'd Lyme Disease and co-infections- December 2007

Join eNewsletter

<a href="http://www.traderjoes.com/Attachments/gluten_free.pdf" target="external ugc nofollow">http://www.traderjoes.com/Attachments/gluten_free.pdf</a>

They are really good about labelling stuff. If it says spices, it won't have gluten in it. I hope this helps!

Kassandra

Thank you kindly Kassandra! I did miss that note and the only reason why I was sooo confused by the ambiguity is because they are really really really good with their labeling stuff.

I should have known.

Thanks again,

Ari

Join eNewsletter

oh my gosh! :o

Trader Joe's has vindaloo? I didn't know! I"ll definitely try it.

If you want a really delicious and easy vindaloo curry, try Patak's. Almost all of their products are gluten free!

http://www.pataks.co.uk/products/index.php

When I am feeling extremely lazy, I just cut chicken into big chunks, take a dollup of Patak's in a small bowl and add a bit of water or chicken broth to make a thick paste. Coat the chicken and microwave it two or three times, stirring each time.

SO yummy!!!!!!!! Serve w/ rice and steamed vegetables. To make it even yummier, add some fresh lime, finely-chopped white onions, chopped cashews, and a good chutney.

:)

SUSIE

Diagnosed January 2006

"I like nonsense. It wakes up the brain cells." ~Dr. Seuss

Join eNewsletter

oh my gosh! :o

Trader Joe's has vindaloo? I didn't know! I"ll definitely try it.

If you want a really delicious and easy vindaloo curry, try Patak's. Almost all of their products are gluten free!

http://www.pataks.co.uk/products/index.php

When I am feeling extremely lazy, I just cut chicken into big chunks, take a dollup of Patak's in a small bowl and add a bit of water or chicken broth to make a thick paste. Coat the chicken and microwave it two or three times, stirring each time.

SO yummy!!!!!!!! Serve w/ rice and steamed vegetables. To make it even yummier, add some fresh lime, finely-chopped white onions, chopped cashews, and a good chutney.

:)

I LOVE Patak's. We had their Jalfrazi (sp?) sauce over shrimp with rice and veggies and it was the best Indian meal I've had outside our favorite Indian restaurant.

~Laura

Diagnosed by biopsy 2/12/07. Negative blood tests. Gluten-free (except for accidents) since 2/15/07. DQ2.5 (HLA DQA1*05:DQB1*0201)

Son, age 18, previously delayed growth 3rd percentile weight, 25th percentile height (5'3" at age 15). Negative blood work. Endoscopy declined. Enterolab positive 3/12/08. Gene results: HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0201 HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0503 Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 2,1(Subtype 2,5) Went gluten-free, casein-free 3/15/08. Now 6'2" (Over six feet!) and doing great.

"Great difficulties may be surmounted by patience and perseverance." Abigail Adams (1744-1818) 2nd First Lady of the United States

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter