Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

missnbagels

Christmas

man am i excited for Christmas time! I absolutely love it. I love the music, the food, the family time, the holiday itself, just everything. I want to go caroling so bad. I am also so excited for the 25 days of xmas on t.v where they show all the awesome classic xmas movies. Such as rudolph and frosty the snowman! i love the movies!!!

I have many memories of making gingerbread cookies with my grandma

I should find a gluten-free recipe.

Anyone have any fun xmas memories?

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Guest melannen

Ooo! Ooo! Ooo! Me! Me! Me!

I am SOO excited for Christmas!! My favorite part of Christmas for the past couple of years is I work with SANTA!! Yep the big man himself :D I'm his photographer and this year I'm also going to be playing the part of an ELF! I've got ear tips and lots of yummy smelling lotions and sprays (cause elves smell like peppermint and cookies, yes?).

Mum's side of the family always has an ornament exchange too! We figure out a couple of months in advance how many will be participating and everybody makes/buys that many ornaments. Then we get together for lunch and swap! I love spending the afternoon with the family members I only see during the holidays!

And I love going Christmas light "hunting" :P

Basically drive around and look at the pretty lights :D

missnbagels - I must've missed seeing that...do you mean hang the actual tree from the ceiling?!? :blink:

Join eNewsletter

Oh, Christmas light hunting is a big tradition for us, too! I remember my mom taking my brother and me, and now I do it with my kids.

I boil homemade potpourri almost every day during the Christmas season, and it always smells wonderful- cinnamon sticks, orange peels, and a dash of vanilla. I just keep the stove on low, not actually boiling, and add water as needed.

My favorite shopping day, Black Friday (day after Thanksgiving) is coming up and I am SO excited!

Chocolate, peppermint, pine trees, pretty lights, Charlie Brown, presents, advent calendars, wreaths, reindeer, stockings, cookies, turkey, ham, pink cheeks and smiles....

What's not to love? :D

Edit: White Christmas, pine cones, snowflakes, Christmas parties, red and green candles, secret Santas...

-Sarah

--Son, Lucas, age 7. Gluten-free since May 2007

--Son, Ezra, age 5. Gluten-free 10/13/07. Bipolar tendencies, massively improved on gluten-free diet! He's also allergic to a jillion antibiotics.

--My mother has Celiac Disease, dx'ed by Positive Blood Tests and Biopsy. Diagnosed Sarcoidosis 6/08.

--Myself, Gluten-free since 8/07

Time heals all hurt of heart... but time must be won.

Join eNewsletter

I love Christmas too, especially now that I have a child. I love the preparation. I go all out. I usually make a large variety of pies, cookies and candy. I also LOVE black Friday shopping. In fact I was browsing black Friday websites a couple minutes ago. :lol: I like to get most of my shopping done that day. I usually start shopping at 5:00am.

Jenny

Son 6 yrs old, Positive blood work, Outstanding dietary response, no biopsy.

Household mostly gluten free since 3/07

Me: HLA-DQ 02 & 0302 (DQ 08), which I ran & analyzed myself!Currently gluten lite, negative tTG, asymptomatic

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter