Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

shimo

Trident Gum In The Eu

Hi there,

I researched and seen many places stating that all Trident Gums are gluten free. But I also found a few (very few actually) forum posts where people complaint about Trident.

Today I had just 2 of those (Trident Fresh to be precise), and i had a "flare up" almost instantly.

Is everyone SURE it's gluten free?

I used to buy their "Dental+" brand before and I never had problems with it (or if I did I don't remember or didn't associate the problems with it). But today with "Trident Fresh - Spearmint" I had problems. Not much of GI symptoms... but I guess most of you know what I am talking about. I am at a point where I can feel when I'm glutened. And I'm sure I was. But I'd like to sort out which ingredient made me have a reaction.

I am thinking about Gum Base.

Here's why:

http://www.patentstorm.us/patents/5424081.html

They claim: "A non-adhesive chewing gum base comprising a gluten component and a tannin which promotes cross-linking among gluten proteins forming said gluten component."

I guess I also seen this "Gum base" listed somewhere on Celiac.com.

So, in your opinion... is this it? I also found Maltitol there, but I guess this is on our safe side if i am not mistaken.

I found many pages claiming that Trident was gluten free but, is the composition the same in Europe and the US?

70% of the internet is of the US heheh. And it never hurts to ask!

Thanks a lot boys and gals!

c34zfhiabsw6qv0.gif

- Shimo

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Hi-I am such a gum girl and have really missed my gum. I to read about gum base and it is in all gums ;o( I found last night on the front page to Celiac where you can purchase food and there is a new gluten-free gum. It has gum base but the state that it is natural so I guess it makes some difference???? Anyway, thought I would pass that on. I think it is only around 1.00 for a pack....Liv :D

Join eNewsletter

I chew Trident without issues. Many people do on this forum, I believe. I recall reading that one of their Whitening ones is not glutenfree.

Gluten-free, Vegan

Join eNewsletter

my 14 year old daughter chews gum regularly (mostly trident splash)shes been gluten free for 12 years. she does get some gluteny simptoms flare up mostly gassy belly. we've usualy associated it with milk products now i'm worried...do most celiacs chew gum?

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter