Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

blondebombshell

Confused About The Pumpkinpie, Lol

ok if i use cruelshoe's recipe below to make a crust (if i cant find a premade on in the store,lol) do i roll out the dough raw then fill with pie filling or do i cook the crust first?

thanks so much

here's the recipe

Makes a crust for a 9-inch pie plate or springform pan.

1-1/4 cup almond meal

1 cup gluten-free cornflake crumbs

2 Tablespoons brown sugar

1/4 cup melted butter

Toss almond meal, cornflake crumbs and brown sugar in a bowl. Drizzle with melted butter and work together with fingers until thoroughly combined. Press into the bottom of desired pan. Refrigerate for one hour and then fill as desired.

For no-bake fillings, after chilling, bake the empty crust at 350 for 10 minutes. Then fill as desired.

- gluten free since August 2007

- endoscopy came back negative for celiac in December 2007

- bloodwork confirms egg allergy

- allergy testing confirms only banana, apple, melon, egg and environmental allergies

i get hives anywhere on my waist down and less bloating/constipation when i do not eat wheat.

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

No, don't bake it first. You'd do that if you were making something like a coconut creme pie in which you'd basically be filling it with a pudding or other no bake filling.

However, I'd suggest checking the crust after a wee bit to see if it's browning too quickly around the rim/edges. If so, cover the rim with tin foil.

And note that this is what they call a crumb crust -- you don't roll it out, you press it into place. Think cheesecake. You might want to look for a different pie dough recipe if you want a traditional pumpkin pie.

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter