Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Joni63

Help Me With A Plan

Hello,

I've had problems with caffeine or regular coffee for quite some time and even read up on caffeine allergy. Seems I have so many of the symptoms. It makes me jittery, brain fog, feeling out of control, light sensitive, heart palpitations, etc. Before I got diagnosed with celiac I was looking into quitting caffeine because of how it made me feel. Then when I got diagnosed I thought all those symptoms could be coming from being celiac. I switched to decaf around the same time as I went gluten free about 3 months ago because I felt so bad. Every time I've had regular coffee during that time, I feel the symptoms again. But decaf coffee seems to make me feel terribly tired. At least that's what I think is causing it.

I've heard others say they switched to organic and there symptoms went away. I also found a caffeine free organic substitute called Soyfee that is carried by my local health food store.

I've gone to decaf several times before and always feel great when I first switch from regular coffee to decaf. This time is the longest I've ever stayed on decaf and I really think I feel fatigued after drinking it. I'm not sure what direction to go to. I am a coffee lover and giving it up will be really hard for me.

Should I go to the caffeine free alternative or try an organic coffee?

And are there organic decaffeinated coffees?

I really need some help on this one...

Thanks.

Joni

Dx'd with Celiac Disease 8/01/07

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Join eNewsletter