Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Phyllis28

Reintroducing Soy

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I don't know the technical answer to the question, but if it were me, I'd probably try something with a little bit of soy first, but I'm biased because I want to drink Blue Diamond almost milk. ;) Chocolate soy milk?

Good luck! Please let us know how you make out. I want to believe in 6 months I can eat it.

"I'm not telling you it's going to be easy. I'm telling you it's going to be worth it." - Art Williams

Currently gluten-, casein-, soy- and nightshade-free.

Join eNewsletter

If you want to go slowly, start with a chocolate bar that has soy lecithin in it. If no reaction, try something with soybean oil in it - like a salad dressing. Then maybe move up to Ener-G pretzels or Mi-Del cookies that have soy flour in them. Then try something "pure" like soy milk or tofu. If you go slowly, you might discover that you can tolerate small amounts like the soy lecithin and oil, but just not the larger amounts. Although hopefully you'll be able to tolerate all of it!

Liz

Started Specific Carbohydrate Diet on 8-16-09 because son was diagnosed with Ulcerative Colitis and want to give him moral support.

Diagnosed with Minimal Change Nephrotic Syndrome in 2003. Discovered that going completely gluten-free put me in remission.

I would have despaired unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living. Psalms 27:13

Join eNewsletter

Lonewolf, thank you for your reply. I think I will follow your suggestion and start small. I will look at WholeFoods this weekend and look for a gluten free product that has no risk of cross contimination and a very small amount of soy lethicin.

Phyllis

Gluten Free - 30 years

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter