Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Offthegrid

Spice Islands Pumpkin Pie Spice?

I got slightly sick yesterday, but was better by this morning. There are only two culprits I can think of, and one of them would be the Spice Islands pumpkin pie spice. I'm going to kick myself if after all this time it contains gluten. I have to buy more and will likely look for McCormick to be safe, but the Spice Islands was so good.

Anyone know if this one is gluten-free? The ingredients just say "spices" and that's it, but I bought it before the new FDA rules took effect.

"I'm not telling you it's going to be easy. I'm telling you it's going to be worth it." - Art Williams

Currently gluten-, casein-, soy- and nightshade-free.

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I got slightly sick yesterday, but was better by this morning. There are only two culprits I can think of, and one of them would be the Spice Islands pumpkin pie spice. I'm going to kick myself if after all this time it contains gluten. I have to buy more and will likely look for McCormick to be safe, but the Spice Islands was so good.

Anyone know if this one is gluten-free? The ingredients just say "spices" and that's it, but I bought it before the new FDA rules took effect.

Did you have it from before going gluten-free. If so, it may be contaminated from you. I thought I had replaced all of mine but I recently came across a spice that was from before going gluten-free and, even though I knew better, I went ahead and used it because I couldn't remember using it for baking. Every time I ate those pancakes I got a headache.

Me: GLUTEN-FREE 7/06, multiple food allergies, T2 DIABETES DX 8/08, LADA-Latent Autoimmune Diabetes in Adults, Who knew food allergies could trigger an autoimmune attack on the pancreas?! 1/11 Re-DX T1 DM, pos. DQ2 Celiac gene test 9/11

Son: ADHD '06,

neg. CELIAC PANEL 5/07

ALLERGY: "positive" blood and skin tests to wheat, which triggers his eczema '08

ENTEROLAB testing: elevated Fecal Anti-tissue Transglutaminase IgA Dec. '08

Gluten-free-Feb. '09

other food allergies

Join eNewsletter

It was from before going gluten-free, but I never really baked back then, and certainly I never made my own pie crust. I guess that is a definite possibility, though.

"I'm not telling you it's going to be easy. I'm telling you it's going to be worth it." - Art Williams

Currently gluten-, casein-, soy- and nightshade-free.

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter