Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Offthegrid

Gfcfsf Birth Control Pills

Two lactose ingredients in Seasonique, which I'm currently taking:

anhydrous lactose, yellow no. 10 aluminum lake, FD&C blue no. 1 aluminum lake, FD&C yellow no. 6/Sunset yellow aluminum lake, hypromellose, lactose monohydrate, magnesium stearate,

microcrystalline cellulose, titanium dioxide and triacetin.

I'm guessing those two lactose ingredients aren't good, but I couldn't get anyone from the company on the phone.

When I first went gluten-free, I tried to research it and it was impossible because none of these dimwits easily post allergy information on the Web.

Does anyone know of a GFCFSF birth control pill? I originally tried the ring when I first went gluten-free, but I *hated* it and I don't want to go back to that.

"I'm not telling you it's going to be easy. I'm telling you it's going to be worth it." - Art Williams

Currently gluten-, casein-, soy- and nightshade-free.

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

OK, does anybody even know where you can GET the prescribing information (with ingredients) for generic drugs?

I have a big list and so far have found that information for only ONE of the medications. I am so frustrated right now because there's no way the pharmacy is going to call about 30 different medications to ask about lactose.

"I'm not telling you it's going to be easy. I'm telling you it's going to be worth it." - Art Williams

Currently gluten-, casein-, soy- and nightshade-free.

Join eNewsletter

If you google around a bit you should come across a website with information about the only lactose-free birth control pill. I don't remember what it's called, but there supposedly is one. I'm casein, lactose, soy and gluten intolerant, but I've been able to take Yasmin and Alesse.

"Let food be thy medicine, and let thy medicine be food." - Hippocrates

Join eNewsletter

Well, the one you are on, may actually be gfcfsf already. That pharmaceutical grade lactose should not have casein in it. You can try going to www.rxlist.com that will pull up all ingredients for any drug.

I'm using Yaz, as they have verified (the pharmaceutical company Bayer....don't ever listen to a pharmacist!! I've had pharmacists lie to me so many times to far!!) it is gluten, soy and casein free. The ethanol estradiol is derived from soy, but the way it is processed, there is no soy left in it. They do actually test it and there is no soy or casein found. I called every single pharmaceutical company already, and all other 37 brands have soy!

Katie

Gluten free since July 2005

Lactose Free since 1994

Soy free since May 2007

Dairy free since September 2007

Hypothyroid & Hashimoto

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter