Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jasonD2

Need A Great Dessert Recipe

cooking for a girl this weekend and i need to make a dessert that is gluten, egg and dairy free - any suggestions? thanks a bunch

Endoscopy & blood panel all negative 12/09 after being strict w/ gluten free diet

As of 8/09 - Candida Overgrowth, C.difficile overgrowth, elevated fecal anti-gliadin, elevated putrefactive SCFA's

Developed severe lactose intolerance, IBS and food sensitivities in 02 after contracting Giardia from a river in Oregon

Had negative celiac blood work in 02

Elevated stool anti-gliadin Ab (21 with 10 being cutoff for normal) - 2008

Positive for DQ8- 2008

Tested high positive for egg, dairy, soy, ginger, mustard - 2008

Lactulose/Mannitol (leaky gut) test indicated slight intestinal permeability

Improved with gluten free diet but still have spastic constipation

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Here's a link to a great recipe that I make - http://www.kraftfoods.com/main.aspx?s=reci...recipe_id=91417.

Just replace the oreos with extra raspberries and blueberries or even gluten free cookies if you like. It's SO good. My husband made this for me the first time I had it and I was so impressed!

If cool whip is a problem (it doesn't have lactose, but it does have the milk-derived protein sodium caseinate) then you may find this thread helpful for a completely dairy free whipped topping - http://www.glutenfreeforum.com/lofiversion...php/t17079.html.

If you are looking for a cake recipe I have those too. They just typically require more crazy ingredients that you wouldn't normally have if you don't cook gluten/dairy/egg free all the time.

cooking for a girl this weekend and i need to make a dessert that is gluten, egg and dairy free - any suggestions? thanks a bunch

Join eNewsletter

Brownies: easy to bake. Use any gluten-free brownie recipe. Substitute Smart Balance margarine (vegan) for the butter in the recipe, and use egg replacer for the eggs. They should come out fine. Top with something impressive: whole cashews, or fresh berries, or a sprinkle of powdered sugar.

She'll be so impressed!

Susanna

Diagnosed in March 2006 by blood test and biopsy. Eleven year old son diagnosed in May 2006. Both gluten-free since diagnosis.

The Susanna (Flagstaff, AZ)

"I GOTTA have more cowbell!."

--The legendary Bruce Dickenson

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter