Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

lonewolf

Dairy-free, Soy-free Whipped Topping

I would really like some type of whipped topping for a couple of desserts I'm planning to make over the holidays. I can't find anything in the stores that is dairy-free and soy-free. I've tried the cashew thing, but thought it was gross.

Does anyone have any ideas? Has anyone tried whipping coconut milk?

Liz

Started Specific Carbohydrate Diet on 8-16-09 because son was diagnosed with Ulcerative Colitis and want to give him moral support.

Diagnosed with Minimal Change Nephrotic Syndrome in 2003. Discovered that going completely gluten-free put me in remission.

I would have despaired unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living. Psalms 27:13

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I would really like some type of whipped topping for a couple of desserts I'm planning to make over the holidays. I can't find anything in the stores that is dairy-free and soy-free. I've tried the cashew thing, but thought it was gross.

I haven't tried whipping coconut milk, but I've thought about it!

There's a special gadget advertised on tv that will whip air into any liquid and turn it into "whipped" whatever. I immediately thought of coconut milk when I saw this.

I don't know if it will work with just a hand blender but it might be worth trying.

Join eNewsletter

I read about it somewhere just this morning. You pour off the separated watery part and whip the creamy part. Make sure it is cold (fridge overnight).

Shellfish free since 1980

Milk free (all forms) since 1991

Feingold in 2003

First gluten-free round 2007

Now entering full time Gluten free, egg free, almond/peanut free

Join eNewsletter

Okay, I'm going to have to try the coconut milk. I got a bunch of it on sale (full-fat, organic) and I am up for an experiment. Now, I hope no one from the diet thread peeks in here. Maybe I'll make it and let my kids try it.

Liz

Started Specific Carbohydrate Diet on 8-16-09 because son was diagnosed with Ulcerative Colitis and want to give him moral support.

Diagnosed with Minimal Change Nephrotic Syndrome in 2003. Discovered that going completely gluten-free put me in remission.

I would have despaired unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living. Psalms 27:13

Join eNewsletter

I know it exists somewhere - The Glutnney bakery in Pittsburgh uses dairy free whip topping on their goodies,, but not sure about soy free. I had one of their iced cookies, about 1 month ago, it was great.

I don't eat many treats anymore.

Feb 9, 07 - Positive gene test D2 -Celiac Disease and Positive D3 for Gluten Sensitivity-Double Whammy!

Positive blood test for antibodies for celiac

SEVERE Gluten Ataxia - trouble speaking - could not even turn my head side to side - almost bedridden

March 07 - 2 different doctors have documented my records as confirmed Celiac

Oct 07 - found a secret to feeling better - no processed foods - The healing comes from eating raw vegetables, and fruits!

Husband - tested = celiac gene+diabetes gene

3 children-

youngest - doc wont test has w/ Hashimoto Disease

middle- tested = celiac gene+lymphoma gene - dx-celiac

oldest - ignores warnings

Join eNewsletter

Ooh, I really want to try this. Let's all go whip some coconut milk, then compare results :lol:

I know it exists somewhere - The Glutnney bakery in Pittsburgh uses dairy free whip topping on their goodies,, but not sure about soy free. I had one of their iced cookies, about 1 month ago, it was great.

jmd3 - this has nothing to do with whipping dairy and soy-free things, but is that the twelve apostles in your avatar? I have a very similiar photo (except your avatar is much prettier)

Now that I'm all off-topic I feel the need to add something relevant :rolleyes:. Here's a recipe:

http://www.bakespace.com/index.php?mode=li...mp;lst_id=19059

"Let food be thy medicine, and let thy medicine be food." - Hippocrates

Join eNewsletter

thanks so much

going to try

judy

Judy in Southern CA

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter