Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Joni63

Girl Scout Service Project

Hello,

I have a Girl Scout Troop that has made about 100 cards and is now collecting unwanted or extra Halloween Candy in order to make Christmas-y bundles to send to our troops, along with the cards. I've started looking around online and found Fisher Houses in the U.S. where wounded soldiers families stay near medical centers. Anyway I emailed one about our project with no response back.

I'm just not sure how to go about mailing this stuff so that it gets to the soldiers. I'm not real trusting of online sources so I need some advice. Does anyone know how I go about finding out addresses to send to and/or the procedures for sending cards and candy to the troops?

Please help us so we can brighten a few soldiers days!

Thanks,

Joni

Joni

Dx'd with Celiac Disease 8/01/07

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

My husband's office has collected leftover (and whatever you can pry out of your children's hands) Halloween candy. They send it to Operation Gratitude. They've done this the last two years and it's a company of about 3000 employees so I would have hoped somebody checked to make sure it's legit.

http://www.opgratitude.com/

And our cub scouts made arrangements to ship popcorn (of course!) to a military nurse (one of the scout's mom) in Germany. Then she distributed it throughout the hospital.

Janet

Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted.

animal0028.gif

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter