Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tuxedocat

Gluten-free Stuff At Coffeehouses In Sacramento

Does anyone know of any coffeehouses in Sacramento, CA that have anything gluten-free to snack on *other* than chocolate bars, expensive bags of nuts and fruits?

Starbucks allegedly sells some things that don't have wheat, such as a mozarella caprese salad, but every Starbucks I'm in never carries the wheat-free packaged salads or snacks when I'm there.

Going gluten-free has resulted in my never patronizing a coffeehouse for longer than fifteen minutes at a time simply because I can't *eat* anything at any coffeehouse. Come to think of it, my coffeehouse patronage has dropped in general. I can't imagine staying an hour for example at Peet's anymore, not even for study sessions.

2007 - dx'd with Graves' Disease

Suspected DH (no biopsy)

Tested negative for celiac (after gluten free two months)

2012 - Gluten free again after suggestion it might help my thyroid symptoms. Many strange one-off symptoms cleared up. Brain fog gone.

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Does anyone know of any coffeehouses in Sacramento, CA that have anything gluten-free to snack on *other* than chocolate bars, expensive bags of nuts and fruits?

Starbucks allegedly sells some things that don't have wheat, such as a mozarella caprese salad, but every Starbucks I'm in never carries the wheat-free packaged salads or snacks when I'm there.

Going gluten-free has resulted in my never patronizing a coffeehouse for longer than fifteen minutes at a time simply because I can't *eat* anything at any coffeehouse. Come to think of it, my coffeehouse patronage has dropped in general. I can't imagine staying an hour for example at Peet's anymore, not even for study sessions.

Bumping because it got buried under other posts before anyone could see

2007 - dx'd with Graves' Disease

Suspected DH (no biopsy)

Tested negative for celiac (after gluten free two months)

2012 - Gluten free again after suggestion it might help my thyroid symptoms. Many strange one-off symptoms cleared up. Brain fog gone.

Join eNewsletter

I am not a coffee drinker so I can't help...but you could bring your own treat to eat along with your coffee??? Whole foods might be a place you can grab something and walk across the parking lot to starbuck to sit and grab a cub of java???

Janel (me): gluten-free since 4/10/07; casien free 5/1/07;soy light 10/07

**LOST 35 lbs since April 2007(much needed weight loss)**

ds(6 yrs)- gluten-free since 3/19/07; casein free 5/2/07;soy free 10/07

HLA-DQ 3,3 (Subtype 7,7)

new dx= Hirschsprungs Disease w/cecostomy

the non believers, only allergen free eatting at home because they have to be:

Hubby: refuses to eat Gluten-free Casein-free except for dinner

dd(14 yrs)- refuses to go along with any special dietary retrictions *I suspect dairy/wheat intollerant*

Join eNewsletter

Gluten Free Specialty, at 2612 J Street, is next to Starbucks if you want to pick up a treat to go with your coffee.

Living Gluten-Free

Loving Life

Excited About the Future

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter