Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

alamaz

Kolaches

Does any one have a recipe for gluten-free kolaches? My MIL makes them every xmas and we'd like to attempt a gluten-free version. She also uses cream cheese in the dough but I'm CF and SF so I'm not sure I'd be able to get around those. However, if I just find something that is gluten-free I may have to cheat and have one or two with the cream cheese in them.

Thanks!

Amy

Diagnosed with Celiac Disease February 2007

Finally feeling better than ever!

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Does any one have a recipe for gluten-free kolaches? My MIL makes them every xmas and we'd like to attempt a gluten-free version. She also uses cream cheese in the dough but I'm CF and SF so I'm not sure I'd be able to get around those. However, if I just find something that is gluten-free I may have to cheat and have one or two with the cream cheese in them.

Thanks!

Amy

I responded to your post about this subject over on Delphi, but I will respond here too. :)

There is a recipe for Kolach in the book "easy gluten free baking" by Elizabeth Barbone. I have not tried it, but I love every other recipe in this book I have tried. She is the brains behind the gluten free baking and more website/newsletter.

Here is the book on Amazon

If you will PM me your email address, I will scan the recipe and email it to you. I don't think this forum's private messages allow attachments.

-Colleen

Dx 8/05 via bloodwork and biopsy (total villous atrophy)

13-year old son Dx 11/05 via bloodwork and biopsy

Daughters (16 and 5) have tested negative via bloodwork

A woman is like a tea bag - you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water. - Eleanor Roosevelt

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter