Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ladybugs

Help..i Am So Confused...

:huh: Enterolab results back today..I was below the upper limit on everything meaning that I have no direct evidence of active gluten sensitivity and no evidence of gluten-induced auto-immune reaction BUT it showed that I have one of the main genes that predisposes to gluten-sensitivity and celiac sprue ( HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0202 and HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0301 and the serological equivalent is HLA-DQ 2,3 (subtype 2,7)......

So can I eat gluten or NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am really not trying to be stupid and I am sorry if I should know the answer...but I have now been gluten-free for about 2 weeks and have only noticed vert minimal improvement...I have migraines, sarcodisis of the skin, constant gas and bloating, joint pain and fatigue. Help!

Thanks to all that reply...please do so quickly if you can. I need answers.

~Deb

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

You could be iga deficient, that is why you are not postive in antibodies.

Can you post all of your scores for us?

paula

Hi Paula...thanks for responding so quickly!!!! Here are the results I rec'd today!!!

Date: 11/15/2007

A) Gluten Sensitivity Stool and Gene Panel Complete *Best test/best value

Fecal Antigliadin IgA 6 (Normal Range <10 Units)

Fecal Antitissue Transglutaminase IgA 4 Units (Normal Range <10 Units)

Quantitative Microscopic Fecal Fat Score 275 Units (Normal Range <300 Units)

Fecal anti-casein (cow

Join eNewsletter

Deb,

You don't have an active intolerance so you could continue eating gluten if you want to......or maybe just go gluten light. With the celiac gene you may or may not become active at some point. My husband tested negative through enterolab too but he has 2 celiac genes so he went gluten free with the rest of us.

Do you eat soy? That could cause some problems as well.

Other things you may want to look into is metals, lyme, viruses, parasites. Foods could be behind your symptoms though.

The only thing I could suggest if you're up to it is an elmination diet with detailed journaling to try and pinpoint foods that are problems for you. Another thing would be IgG ELISA testing. They aren't always accurate though.

Andrea

Enterolab positive results only June 06:
Me HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0201; HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0301; Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 2,3 (subtype 2, 7)
Husband HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0201; HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0302; Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 2,3 (subtype 2,8)

The whole family has been soy free since February, gluten free since June 2006.

The whole family went back to a gluten diet October 2011.  We never had official testing done and I decided to give gluten a go again.  At this point I've decided to work on making some gluten free things again, though healthwise everyone seems to be fine.  The decision to add gluten back in was also made based on other things I'd read about the 2nd sequence of genes.  It is my belief that we had a gluten intolerance, but thanks to things I've learned here, I know more what to keep an eye on.  If you have a confirmed case of celiac, please don't go back to gluten, it's a lifelong lifestyle change.

Join eNewsletter

Deb,

You don't have an active intolerance so you could continue eating gluten if you want to......or maybe just go gluten light. With the celiac gene you may or may not become active at some point. My husband tested negative through enterolab too but he has 2 celiac genes so he went gluten free with the rest of us.

Do you eat soy? That could cause some problems as well.

Other things you may want to look into is metals, lyme, viruses, parasites. Foods could be behind your symptoms though.

The only thing I could suggest if you're up to it is an elmination diet with detailed journaling to try and pinpoint foods that are problems for you. Another thing would be IgG ELISA testing. They aren't always accurate though.

Thanks so much !!! Makes a bit more sense to me now. I think I will try the elimination diet...like you suggested.

Have good night.

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter