Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FootballFanatic

Someone Please Explain....

First ingredient in my goldfish food is WHEAT FLOUR.

Tell me, how does a fish in nature find a source of wheat - then tell me why it is necessary for my fish food to contain wheat.....

If there is special underwater wheat, please fill me in, but otherwise my fish should not have a need for wheat.

10-06 Diagnosed Urinary Tract Infection (Allergic to Cipro, Bactrim, Macrobid, Doxycycline, Monocycline, Penicillin) - This UTI is still present with no symptoms.

10-06 Diagnosed "Acid Reflux" (Nexium didn't work)

12-06 Endoscopy diagnosed Gastritis (Negative Bioposy)

12-06 Negative bloodwork for Celiac Disease, Diagnosed "Gastroparesis" - Started Zelnorm

1-07 Diagnosed "IBS-C" - Still taking Zelnorm

3-07 HIDA scan to check gallbladder which was fully functional.

3-07 Zelnorm taken off market, started Domperidone

4-21-07 Emergency Appendectomy (FUUUNN!)

7-24-07 Enterolab results came back positive

Gluten Free since that night....

...Still not feeling great.

"Don't expect constant success, but strive for constant growth."

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I agree...that's insanity, giving fish wheat at all, let alone processed into flour!

I know fish will eat bread...but I can't imagine how it could be healthy for them. Seems they would be better off with some indigenous underwater vegetation and worms and insects and stuff.

Wonder if there is some more natural type fish food available somehwere?

Wheat flour is in all pet and farm animal feeds now...and of course, most pets and farm animals are sickly a lot these days.

Join eNewsletter

We have a Beta fish and the first ingredient is also wheat. Same with the Gerbil food.

I think it is ridiculous, but thankfully my daughter has been aware of that and always washes her hands. No glutenings from the pets, or we will have to give them away. I haven't found any gluten-free fish or gerbil food. :huh:

Join eNewsletter

I agree...that's insanity, giving fish wheat at all, let alone processed into flour!

I know fish will eat bread...but I can't imagine how it could be healthy for them. Seems they would be better off with some indigenous underwater vegetation and worms and insects and stuff.

Wonder if there is some more natural type fish food available somehwere?

Wheat flour is in all pet and farm animal feeds now...and of course, most pets and farm animals are sickly a lot these days.

well you ARE aware that the recent pet food recall was a GLUTEN product that was causing the hubub right? I'm sure that all living creatures would be healthier if they went back to the basics - our horses for instance graze all spring summer and fall - with no extra feed - just water and a mineral block - AND the grass from our pasture. Only in the winter months do we supplement with store bought feed. They stay healthy and trim (no fat horses here)

Gluten free since June 2007
symptoms relieved: thyroid condition, high cholesterol, rash, gut pain, joint pain, mood swings, migraines, chronic fatigue, facial acne, canker sores, hair loss

soy free since 2010 - menopausal  symptoms are nonexistent / facial acne culprit revealed

dairy free since May 2013 - less "puffy" - suspecting that I may be able to lose weight easier without the inflammation from the dairy.

Join eNewsletter

I know we have fed fish lettuce and spinach before. One of our big ones at bananas and cheese (Ok, probably getting as bad at wheat). There is also peas (soft cooked), cucumbers, zucchini. Then you have the brine shrimp.

What are the ingredients on the tubed worms? I know they have worms but is there any wheat in there too??

Shellfish free since 1980

Milk free (all forms) since 1991

Feingold in 2003

First gluten-free round 2007

Now entering full time Gluten free, egg free, almond/peanut free

Join eNewsletter

I know we have fed fish lettuce and spinach before. One of our big ones at bananas and cheese (Ok, probably getting as bad at wheat). There is also peas (soft cooked), cucumbers, zucchini. Then you have the brine shrimp.

What are the ingredients on the tubed worms? I know they have worms but is there any wheat in there too??

Mmmm, tubed worms.... yummy..... :P

If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill

Join eNewsletter

I have been looking for a gluten free fish food for years. I haven't found one yet. I did find a gluten-free weekend feeder (Tetra brand) but it hardly matters when I'm feeding them gluten everyday.

Gluten-Free since September 15, 2005.

Peanut-Free since July 2006.

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter