Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kara'sMom

Walmart Has Hodgson Mill gluten-free Soy Flour...is It Any Good?

Do you use it instead of mixing all of the other flours to bake with? Can you fry up some chicken nuggets with it?

Soon we're headed to Whole Foods to buy the staples to bake with. Does everyone here find it cheaper in the long run to buy in bulk online (if so..whats the website and once shipping is added..are u really saving money?) or are you fine just buying a bag or so here and there at a speciality store??

Thanks!

Tomorrow will be 2 weeks gluten-free and she STILL hasn't gained any weight! :unsure:

We're still waiting for her lactose intolerent test to come back...if it's positive...my DD will freak out not getting to have cheese or cereal in the morning. I've stressed SO much...I went to the Dr. yesterday about the big, itchy bump on my back and I have shingles. ARGHHH!!!

Kara'sMom

DD age 10

diagnosed celiac 10/07

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I never use soy flour alone. I do like to use about 2/3 mix of rice flour plus a few other flours plus 1/3 soy flour in things like cake. The soy flour is very smooth and helps even out the more gritty rice flour.

Gluten-Free since September 15, 2005.

Peanut-Free since July 2006.

Join eNewsletter

We're still waiting for her lactose intolerent test to come back...if it's positive...my DD will freak out not getting to have cheese or cereal in the morning. I've stressed SO much...I went to the Dr. yesterday about the big, itchy bump on my back and I have shingles. ARGHHH!!!

I took my 3 yr old off milk about a month ago. She was a cheese freak. We switched her to soy milk (Silk) brand, soy yogurt that we get at Wal-Mart and soy cheese also at Wal-mart. She never noticed the difference. I tried it myself and it is really good. It tastes just like reg. milk and the vanilla one tastes like coffee creamer. Yummy. My DH bought the chocolate one this week and she had it this morning and asked for more. I was really surprised at the taste as I was a real milk drinker. I can't have it anymore as I have a soy issue but the baby loves it. :D

27 years of misdiognoses

seziures summer of 1979 lasted 10 years had maybe a dozen in that time Dr.s never could find what was causing them blamed it on lack of sleep and maybe nutrasweet

rheumatoid arthritis May 1980

wrist joint replacement Jan 1984

fibromyalgia May 1980

insomnia since the 80's

diarrhea 1995-2000 blamed on arthritis meds

Crohn's 1998 after two operations to fix fissures caused by the diarrhea

Other symptons over the last 27 years that have been treated for symptoms not causes:

depression, anemia, constipation, tooth discoloration, tremors in hands, tingling and numbness in feet and hands, fatigue, high blood pressure due to arthritus meds, flushing in face, severe muscle pain and thinking I was going crazy thanks to Dr.'s attitudes.

After diognoses my mother tells me I have an aunt and a cousin with Celiac. Mother tested negative but thinks she is intolerant to wheat and is changing her diet.

Suspect all three of my children have it as well but still trying to convince them to go get tested.

In answer to my prayer, "Lord Please Heal My Broken Body". May 2007 Celiac antibody test positive

Matthew 7: 8 Ask and ye shall receive, Seek and ye shall find, Knock and it shall be opened unto you.

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter