Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest Maggi315

Urine Creatine, Any Opinions/experiences

Guest Maggi315

HI,

I am getting tested for a bunch of things, so far all celiac type tests are negative. My vitamin b12 is low, low ferritin, and now my 24 hour urine showed very high creatine (not creatinine) levels, 4X normal. Someone mentioned to me this can be seen in celiac. Anyone else know anything about this? My creatinine was normal.

thanks

Maggi315

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

HI,

I am getting tested for a bunch of things, so far all celiac type tests are negative. My vitamin b12 is low, low ferritin, and now my 24 hour urine showed very high creatine (not creatinine) levels, 4X normal. Someone mentioned to me this can be seen in celiac. Anyone else know anything about this? My creatinine was normal.

thanks

Maggi315

I think, I am not a doctor, that this is showing an impact on your kidneys. This is not unusual for celiac people that are not on the gluten free diet. Your other testing also points that way. Are you gluten free yet? I can tell you, unfortunately from personal experience that the tests are not as accurate as we would like. I was misdiagnosed for over 15 years because doctors just blood tested and said 'the test was negative, heres some more pills. I now have permanent kidney damage because of the damage the antibodies did to them. There are some indications that if the damage is caught soon enough it can reverse but mine went on too long.

Courage does not always roar, sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying

"I will try again tommorrow" (Mary Anne Radmacher)

Diagnosed by Allergist with elimination diet and diagnosis confirmed by GI in 2002

Misdiagnoses for 15 years were IBS-D, ataxia, migraines, anxiety, depression, fibromyalgia, parathesias, arthritis, livedo reticularis, hairloss, premature menopause, osteoporosis, kidney damage, diverticulosis, prediabetes and ulcers, dermatitis herpeformis

All bold resoved or went into remission in time with proper diagnosis of Celiac November 2002

Gene Test Aug 2007

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0303

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0303

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 3,3 (Subtype 9,9)

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter