Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bklyn

gluten-free Lasagna

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I haven't prepared it and cooked it the next day, but I bet if you're using the no-boil method, it'll be fine.

Now I have made gluten-free lasagne and the leftovers warmed up great. I used Tinkyada pasta.

-Sarah

--Son, Lucas, age 7. Gluten-free since May 2007

--Son, Ezra, age 5. Gluten-free 10/13/07. Bipolar tendencies, massively improved on gluten-free diet! He's also allergic to a jillion antibiotics.

--My mother has Celiac Disease, dx'ed by Positive Blood Tests and Biopsy. Diagnosed Sarcoidosis 6/08.

--Myself, Gluten-free since 8/07

Time heals all hurt of heart... but time must be won.

Join eNewsletter

Yes I have cooked lasagna using gluten free (brown rice) lasagna noodles. My recipe makes a very large lasagna so I always have left overs for the next day to reheat. I also cut into portion sizes and freeze for an easy lunch to reheat in the microwave. The first time I made my recipe with gluten-free noodles I followed the package and precooked the noodles. Don't precook the noodles. I found that the lasagna was more runny since it normally used the ready-to-use dry noodles that absorbed the extra liquid. The next time I made my lasagna I used the noodles dry and it turned out much better - not as runny, so not so soggy when I reheated it the next day or after it being frozen.

It's such a nice treat to have a good lasagna thats gluten-free!

Join eNewsletter

I'd like to add to be careful with the no boil however. The noodles will tkae longer to cook, as does all the gluten-free pasta. My mother made one last time I went to visit, so I will ask her how the leftovers re-heated and post as soon as I can.

Ryan

Positive blood work May 06

Positive results with diet change

Join eNewsletter

I now make lasagna by buying the round rice wrapper noodles...the kind you get for making spring rolls. They are normally either 100% rice flour, or sometimes tapioca flour (but you have to read the labels, because I've noticed more and more of those types of things seem to be coming up with wheat flour!!!!). I get mine at international or Asian markets really, really cheap.

I don't boil...just lay them in the casserole dish and alternate with my other lasagna stuff, then cover and bake. Most people have enjoyed my lasagna and it re-heats very well too. Cheap and easy!

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter