Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nic

Ring Dings

For anyone who loved ring dings before going gluten free I found a very good substitute at our local health food store. They are called Ring Tings and are made by Shabtai Gourmet (Cinderella Sweets). They are a chocolate covered cake filled with a white cream filling. My son was in heaven last night. He hasn't had anything cream filled since before going gluten free.

Nicole

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

For anyone who loved ring dings before going gluten free I found a very good substitute at our local health food store. They are called Ring Tings and are made by Shabtai Gourmet (Cinderella Sweets). They are a chocolate covered cake filled with a white cream filling. My son was in heaven last night. He hasn't had anything cream filled since before going gluten free.

Nicole

These come out every Passover, along with lots of other gluten free cakes and cookies.

Join eNewsletter

Dear Nic,

I am so glad you posted this! My brother would love those! He misses his pastries! Chad would marry Little Debbie if he could! :lol: Now that he is gluten-free, he has missed those treats. If I cannot find them locally, maybe I can order some for Christmas!

Sincerely,

NoGluGirl

Jin

Strawberry Allergy, mold allergy, dustmites allergy, ragweed allergy, dust allergy, food dye allergy - 1985

Asthma - 1994

Ovarian Cyst - May 1999

Anemia - 2000

4 More Ovarian Cysts - March 2000

Bloodwork for Celiac - November 2000 negative

Colonoscopy, Endoscopy, Intercolisis, Gastric Emptying Study - May and June 2001 negative biopsy

Fibromyalgia - June 2001

IBS - June 2001

Gallbladder Removal - July 28, 2003 after doctor said the tests showed nothing, so it was not gallbladder disease. It was very inflamed and irritated and nearly ruptured the surgeon told me at my 10 day post-op check-up.

Thyroid Disease - August 2004

Celiac Disease - March 2007 Current Dr. refers to me as Celiac, as she says blood tests are often inaccurate.

Official Purple Glittery Bat Keeper, District Attorney, and Chinese Restaurant Owner of The Silver Dragon of Rachelville

Join eNewsletter

I am looking into finding these as well. ALthough it was rare to buy Ring Dings before, some days I have cravings for them or other similar snack items, I rarely ever ate. Odd, huh?

~~~~Gluten Free since 9/2004~~~~~~

Friends may come and go but Sillies are Forever!!!!!!!

36_22_10[1].gif

Join eNewsletter

Dear Amanda,

That is how I am, too! I used to not want some things hardly at all, but since going gluten-free, have craved them. I do not know why that is. My best guess is that it is due to knowing I cannot have them ever now! Your mind really has a major impact on what you want. The psychological ramifications of forbidden foods tend to do this. It is like when you are on a diet and are not allowed dessert, you want it more.

Sincerely,

NoGluGirl

Jin

Strawberry Allergy, mold allergy, dustmites allergy, ragweed allergy, dust allergy, food dye allergy - 1985

Asthma - 1994

Ovarian Cyst - May 1999

Anemia - 2000

Colonoscopy, Endoscopy, Intercolisis, Gastric Emptying Study - May and June 2001 negative biopsy

Fibromyalgia - June 2001

IBS - June 2001

Gallbladder Removal - July 28, 2003 after doctor said the tests showed nothing, so it was not gallbladder disease. It was very inflamed and irritated and nearly ruptured the surgeon told me at my 10 day post-op check-up.

Celiac Disease - March 2007 Current Dr. refers to me as Celiac, as she says blood tests are often inaccurate.

Official Purple Glittery Bat Keeper, District Attorney, and Chinese Restaurant Owner of The Silver Dragon of Rachelville

Join eNewsletter

I absolutely LOVE their rainbow cookies. They are better than any of the gluten ones.

And their Lace cookies kinda taste like samoas. Sooooooooooo good!!!

Jillian

Positive Blood test and Biopsy

Inflamed stomach lining

Gluten free since July 6, 2005

Tarrytown, NY

"Sometimes being a b$tch is all a woman has to hold onto." - Dolores Claiborne

Join eNewsletter

Dear jkmunchkin,

I will keep those in mind! They all sound great! Cookies are my main sweet besides chocolate. Those are the two I love! Thank you for mentioning more treats!

Sincerely,

NoGluGirl

Jin

Asthma - 1994

Ovarian Cyst - May 1999

Anemia - 2000

Fibromyalgia - June 2001

IBS - June 2001

Join eNewsletter

Dear Amanda,

That is how I am, too! I used to not want some things hardly at all, but since going gluten-free, have craved them. I do not know why that is. My best guess is that it is due to knowing I cannot have them ever now! Your mind really has a major impact on what you want. The psychological ramifications of forbidden foods tend to do this. It is like when you are on a diet and are not allowed dessert, you want it more.

Sincerely,

NoGluGirl

of course I do splurge on candy a lot more now too. My coworkers look on in amazement and ask me how I can stay so thin and I am just thinking well I don't eat cake and cookies like you guys do. I work with some women who can eat cake and cookies by the lb and have no shame :)

~~~~Gluten Free since 9/2004~~~~~~

Friends may come and go but Sillies are Forever!!!!!!!

36_22_10[1].gif

Join eNewsletter

Dear Amanda,

That is like me, too. I bake cookies some, but I have to watch the fat due to my gallbladder removal I had several years ago. High fat anything makes me sick. Cakes are something I almost never eat, except gluten-free. In the past year, I have had two. I am not as thin as I would like to be, but eat more candy than I should. The yeast makes me crave it, and my blood sugar gets low. Talk about an unfair situation!

Sincerely,

NoGluGirl

Jin

Asthma - 1994

Ovarian Cyst - May 1999

Anemia - 2000

Fibromyalgia - June 2001

IBS - June 2001

Join eNewsletter

YOU CAN CONTACT SHABTAI GOURMET AT (516) 652-5671.THEY ARE ALSO KNOWN AS CINDERELLA SWEETS. SPEAK TO ANDREW AND HE WILL HELP YOU FIND A LOCAL HEALTH FOOD STORE IN YOUR AREA!

YOU CAN ALSO EMAIL THEM @ GLUTENFREEBAKERY@GMAIL.COM

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

Join eNewsletter

Andrew is amazing!!! I called and he helped my local health food store place an order for me. Everything is awesome!!! The health food store employees had a box of the gluten-free cookies open and were munching on them when I came in.......you know it's good when REGULAR people can't get enough!! Andrew just called me back today to check in and see if I found their products satisfactory!!! What service!

Join eNewsletter

Andrew is amazing!!! I called and he helped my local health food store place an order for me. Everything is awesome!!! The health food store employees had a box of the gluten-free cookies open and were munching on them when I came in.......you know it's good when REGULAR people can't get enough!! Andrew just called me back today to check in and see if I found their products satisfactory!!! What service!

Dear wyldlife,

I need to contact Andrew, speaking of! My local healthfood store probably would like to carry some of their items. I am a cookie person, but my brother loves doughnuts. He really misses them! I bake, but he does not. This would be a great Christmas gift for him!

Sincerely,

NoGluGirl

Jin

Asthma - 1994

Ovarian Cyst - May 1999

Anemia - 2000

Fibromyalgia - June 2001

IBS - June 2001

Join eNewsletter

Dear forgetgluten,

Thank you so much for the info! :) I am going to browse. My brother will likely want a number of the items. He really loves doughnuts and pastries. Cookies are my primary love, but I can bake. Chad is more of the typical bachelor who does not use the oven.

Dear loco_ladi,

Unfortunately, he and Little Debbie could no longer see each other since going gluten-free. :(:lol: It has been heart-wrenching for him. Who knows, though? Maybe I can figure out how to make things that taste like Little Debbie snack cakes. Meanwhile, Cinderella Sweets is a great way to enjoy treats again without fear. :D

Sincerely,

NoGluGirl

Jin

Asthma - 1994

Ovarian Cyst - May 1999

Anemia - 2000

Fibromyalgia - June 2001

IBS - June 2001

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter