Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

blondebombshell

Almond Pie Crust

i was looking for an easy, yet yummy recipe for almond pie crust for a pumpkin pie.

also, can you help me with how to cook it too? do i cook the crust, then add the filling? etc.

i planned on using the recipe (from the recs on the board) on the libby canned pumpkin.

thanks!

- gluten free since August 2007

- endoscopy came back negative for celiac in December 2007

- bloodwork confirms egg allergy

- allergy testing confirms only banana, apple, melon, egg and environmental allergies

i get hives anywhere on my waist down and less bloating/constipation when i do not eat wheat.

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I just came across this one on GFCFrecipes (I think). Is it what you're looking for? I haven't tried it, though, so no help there.

Nut Crust origin unknown

1 - 1/2 cups finely chopped nut meal

2 tablespoons granulated sugar

2 tablespoons butter or margerine, at room temperature

Preheat the over to 400 (F). Place all ingredients in a mixing bowl and mix

well. Press the mixture in a 9 inch pie plate or baking pan; you shoudl have

enough to cover the bottom and some of the sides of the pan. Place crust in

oven and bake about 5 minutes, or until the crust is slightly browned. Cool

then fill.

Raechel

GI "issues" since Nov. 2006;

negative bloodwork for Celiac February 2007

positive Enterolab for Gluten & Casein intolerances 8/7/07

soy-free since 5/07, gluten-free since 6/9/07, dairy-free since 8/9/07, glutamate-free since 7/13/07, trying to find answers...

DS (2yrs)

negative bloodwork 11/07; positive Enterolab for Gluten & Casein Intolerance 12/10/07

dairy & gluten free since 12/11/07

DSs (6yrs & 8yrs)

positive Enterolab for Gluten & Casein Intolerance 1/10/08

dairy & gluten free since 1/11/08

Join eNewsletter

I just tried one like this. It turned out great but I cooked it for 12 mins (but you might want to start checking it at 10 mins because once it starts browning it goes quick). I used a glass pie pan and a temp of 350. I prebaked it for a cheesecake.

I used 1 cup of almonds and then ground them.

2 tbs melted butter

2 tbs sugar

I also added a shake of salt and cinnamon.

I used my fingers to incorporate the butter more evenly.

I put a little bit of the crumbs around the sides and pressed it smooth and then I just kept pressing it with the heel of my hand on the bottom until it smoothed out just rght.

You don't want to add any more butter or it gets wet.

( My kid loved it and she HATES nuts. I never did tell her it was nuts either. )

I normally use those graham cracker crust so I am happy that this crust turned out. It's not as perfect as the store ones, but it works for me! :D

Osteoporosis, and sacroiliac arthritis diagnosed 32 yrs of age.  Chronic low wbc, Severe constipation, Migraines, severe GERD, multiple miscarriages, Sjrogen's disease, positive ANA, thyroid nodules (hyperthryoid), fatty liver disease with elevated enzymes, low vitamin D, low protein, IBS, SIBO, Discoid lupus, mulitple food allergies and massive hair loss.  I left my career because I was too sick to keep working, and it was devastating because I couldn't apply for disability without a diagnosis.  My daughter was a preemie and she has Central Auditory Processing Disorder (CAPD) and had a positive ANA and Rheumatoid Factor at 16 and now has been dx'd with Hashimoto's.

Allergic to:  corn, rice, beans, tomatoes, dairy.  Not diagnosed as celiac.

Join eNewsletter

Her eis a link to my favorite: Cornflake Almond Pie Crust If you are using it for a no bake filling, you bake the empty crust at 350 for 10 minutes. Then fill as desired. If you are using it for a cooked filling, you press it into the pan, then freeze it, then put the filling in and bake.

Happy baking!

-Colleen

Dx 8/05 via bloodwork and biopsy (total villous atrophy)

13-year old son Dx 11/05 via bloodwork and biopsy

Daughters (16 and 5) have tested negative via bloodwork

A woman is like a tea bag - you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water. - Eleanor Roosevelt

Join eNewsletter

thanks everyone!!!! that last one was the one i got the ingredients for. i didnt THINK to even freeze it!!!! AHH! so freeze it completely THEN fill and cook it right?

- gluten free since August 2007

- endoscopy came back negative for celiac in December 2007

- bloodwork confirms egg allergy

- allergy testing confirms only banana, apple, melon, egg and environmental allergies

i get hives anywhere on my waist down and less bloating/constipation when i do not eat wheat.

Join eNewsletter

thanks everyone!!!! that last one was the one i got the ingredients for. i didnt THINK to even freeze it!!!! AHH! so freeze it completely THEN fill and cook it right?

That's the way I always do it. Hope it works out for you.

-Colleen

Dx 8/05 via bloodwork and biopsy (total villous atrophy)

13-year old son Dx 11/05 via bloodwork and biopsy

Daughters (16 and 5) have tested negative via bloodwork

A woman is like a tea bag - you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water. - Eleanor Roosevelt

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter