Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Last week I did a favor for a customer that was really no big deal - just kind of an extension of my job. She was so appreciative that she brought me a See's Candy Gift Certificate! B)

I sent See's an e-mail because there is no mention of gluten on their website. This is the answer I got.

Thank you for visiting Sees.com. In response to your request for information about the presence of gluten in our candies, our Quality Assurance Manager has advised that we have reformulated our products and eliminated wheat as a direct ingredient in all of our candies packed in standard boxes. Therefore, none of our Custom Mix pieces contain gluten as a direct ingredient and cross contact is no longer a possibility. We do wish to advise that the distilled apple cider vinegar used in our Butterscotch Lollypops and Little Pops is grain based.

Recently, See's introduced several Sugar Free products to our product line. Our Quality Assurance Department is researching these candies to determine if gluten is a direct ingredient in the sugar substitutes.

We do have some products which are manufactured for us. Our Quality Assurance Department advises that our Milk Chocolate Drops, Super Chips, Sugar Sticks, Climber Canes and Sour Stars do not contain gluten. Our Milk Chocolate and Dark Chocolate Foil Balls are gluten free; however, they are manufactured in a facility which contains gluten. Also, we are confirming whether there is any wheat, wheat gluten, or other wheat ingredients in our other Milk Chocolate, Dark Chocolate and White Chocolate Foil Novelties which are manufactured for See's.

Thank you for your interest in See's Candies and we hope to have the opportunity to serve you soon.

Sincerely,

Ian Dickie

See's Candies Customer Service

I guess I'll be taking myself up to See's real soon. I think I hear the Dark chocolates calling my name! :lol:

See's is from California and is generally found only in the Western US.

Someone brought me a box of See's once....and I've never forgotten it! They were seriously good chocolatess! VERY GLAD to hear that they're gluten-aware. I hope they ship (I'm in the Easter US.)

Rhonda

Sees candy does ship. Here is a link to their website. I get my husband Sees candy every Christmas. I think he'd divorce me if I ever stopped. :) Their lollipops used to be dusted with flour, so I glutened myself with them right after my diagnosis. I was really happy when they changed the formulation. My work gets the volume discount too, so I get 30% off of most things. If you work at a large company, see if it is on the list as being eligible for the discount.

See's candies are the best!!!! I miss them so much now that I'm in Illinois - Fannie Mae's has nothing on See's!! :D