Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

holdthegluten

Fructose Malabsorption?

Has anyone heard of this condition or possible have this problem. I have been noticing that if i consume a lot of fruit, or high fructose corn syrup, that i get burning tired eyes, anxiety, moody, and a stiff neck and full head. I have cut out dairy,soy,gluten, and sugar. And i still dont feel right. Does this seem like a possible fructose problem. Please lend me some advice on this issue if you know what i am talking about. Thanks so much and happy thanksgiving.

28 yr old Male

Diagnosed Celiac in February 2007

Gluten-free/Casein Free

HLA DQ 2,3 Subtype (2,8) I have both celiac genes!

Married

1 child 9 months- Levi

Yeast/Bacteria overgrowth

" CHANGE THE WAY YOU LOOK AT THINGS AND THE THINGS YOU LOOK AT CHANGE"

Wayne Dyer

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

i was tested for this by the GI doctor - it was a hydrogen breath test and it is an easy but several hours long procedure. you just have to drink a fructose mixture and then breathe into this device over a period of several hours. mine came back negative, along with everything else, so I'm in a state of waiting and still being gluten/dairy free until I feel better. but I know that people do react to fructose and it can be checked out for you. good luck.

Liz

Dianosed "possible Celiac" May '07 per biopsy with blunted villi

Bloodwork negative

Gluten-Free since June '07

Do NOT have Celiac genes per GI doctor

2 kids, 3 y.o. girl and 19 month old boy

Join eNewsletter

I'm in exactly the same boat. Make sure you're keeping a food diary to see which fruits have the most effect. For me, asparagus and honey have the same effect as gluten on me. Apples are similar. I brought it up with my doctor and he laughed in my face. Literally. :angry:

This pamphlet thing is kinda handy. It describes me to a T. You might find it useful as well.

http://www.sacfs.asn.au/download/fructosem...ptionjune07.pdf

Ezme

Join eNewsletter

I would love to know if you have gotten any more information as I have almost identical symptoms after eating and am also a male in my mid 30's. I get burning eyes, mood swing(usually a mild depression comes over me), irritable, very foggy headed, poor memory, and very tired. Symptoms always occur about 30 minutes after eating and last for a few hours. After several hours (can be anywhere from 1-5 hours) I am usually fine again. After being told for years it is all in my head I have become very frustrated and desperate to find the cause. Any info you have would be hugely appreciated.

Also, Do you have any gastrointestinal symptoms? I do not. I only have the symptoms listed above. Does this rule out fructose and/or gluten? In other words would there definately be gastrointestinal symptoms if it were due to fructose and/or gluten?

lastly, I am brand new to this board. If there is a better forum to post this particular issue in would someone please let me know.

Thanks,

Chris

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter