Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jamamar

Finally...maybe It's A Good Thing ?

Hello all.

I'm new to the forum, and have beenreading with great interest the information posted here. I recently went to the Dr. with yet again a reoccuring laundry list of symptoms. Let tme back up a little first. When I was in high school I routinley would have severe bouts of stomach cramps and diareah. I was often in a fog and very tired and run down all the time. Could not gain weight for nothing. Time went by and I made it to college. During my Junior year I was diagnosed with depression and CFS. All the time the stomach issues were still presenting themselves. Fast forward a few decades and I along with the reoccuring previous symptoms, have severe swelling and pain in every joint that moves, and this mystery rash that itches and just seem to show up when ever

This is what made me seek information on the net and ultimatley see the Dr. again. Oddly enough it was beer drinking that brought me to this point. It has gotten to the point when I drink beer, I know in the morning I am going to hurt very badly for several days, along with the fatigue and gastro problems.

Given my history of cramps, depression, fatigue and what appears to be arthritis I went to Dr. and requested a blood work up for gluten intolerance. The results are not in yet. I have given beer and

any gluten that I am aware of. Long way to go on this tho. I do feel better emotionally and some what physically. My question on this would be, how long do these symptoms still present themselves after you start elimanting the cause ?

I so look forward to the day when I am pain free and feel rested during the day. But I am also upset as I look back on my years and see so much life wasted because I either couldn't or didn't feel like living because of the pain and discomfort.

It wasn't all bad, but just enough of a cycle that progressively got worse, to make many bad memories.

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Welcome!

Please let us know what your test results are!

If you have celiac and remove the gluten, sometimes it takes some time for the symptoms to subside ... it varies from person-to-person.

There are other illnesses with similar symptoms, so if your test comes out negative, you might ask around here for more advice ... most of us are familiar with diseases with similar symptoms.

gluten-free 12/05

diagnosed with Lyme Disease 12/06

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter