Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

byrmanson

Quotes

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I'm not exactly sure what you mean. Posts get moved when they are in the wrong location. For example if someone posted a recipe under the "Celiac Disease - Doctors" section, it would be moved to the "Gluten-Free Recipes" section. I'm don't know what you mean in terms of the quoting system though.

I'm not sure if this helps, but there are two ways to post a reply. If you click on smaller "Reply" link under a new post or reply, that post or reply is quoted in your reply. But if you click on the bigger "Add Reply" link at the bottom of the post, nothing is quoted. People use the quoting system in order to reference what they are replying to. Disregard this if it's not what you're asking, but I hope it helps.

-Brian

Celiac Sprue

Multiple Food Allergies

Diagnosed June 2006

Stopped Eating June 2007

IV Nutrition: 6/27/07 - Present

Join eNewsletter

You can also quote from multiple posts within a thread, by clicking on the green "+QUOTE" button (which will then turn red and say "-QUOTE"--it's a toggle). Then when you use "Add Reply" all of the quotes will be included. You can delete parts of them, so that only the pertinent bits appear in your post.

By using this technique, you can even post a quote from a post in different thread (in a different forum even).

Quoting is useful when you are responding to a post several posts back in a long thread, as it establishes context. Overuse can be irritating, such as the person who makes the first reply to a long post, and feels the need to quote the whole original post.

Clicking on the little green right-pointing arrow the right of the data/time will take you to the post from which the quote was taken.

Peter

Diagnosis by biopsy of practically non-existent villi; gluten-free since July 2000. I was retested five years later and the biopsy was normal. You can beat this disease!

Type 1 (autoimmune) diabetes diagnosed in March 1986

Markham, Ontario (borders on Toronto)

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator since 2007

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter