Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

paulab

Ski Recommendations For Gluten Free

Hi, new to this great forum. Actually, quiet new to US....

We are planning a family ski trip and looking for somebody who has been in Colorado or Vermont areas to see if they can recommend some places that are taking care of gluten free diet .

Our daughter is following a strict diet and we are thinking to go with our own food from here .

Thank you very much and apologies if this was already covered .

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Hi, new to this great forum. Actually, quiet new to US....

We are planning a family ski trip and looking for somebody who has been in Colorado or Vermont areas to see if they can recommend some places that are taking care of gluten free diet .

Our daughter is following a strict diet and we are thinking to go with our own food from here .

Thank you very much and apologies if this was already covered .

If you google "gluten free vacations" you will see quite a lot of options. Good luck.

Lisa

Gluten Free - August 15, 2004

"Not all who wander are lost" - JRR Tolkien

Join eNewsletter

A set of in-laws live in Stowe, VT and I find it very easy to find gluten-free good there. Not to mention the awesome skiing! It's a very interesting town with a European feel. There are quite a few local restaurants with chefs that can accomodate a gluten-free diet with notice. My MIL says the Stowe Meadows Inn offers gluten free fare.

---------------------------------

MP - celiac for 10 years

Join eNewsletter

The two times I went to Whistler last year (it's in driving distance), I stayed at a place with a kitchen and cooked my own meals. (I even brought a couple pans. :P ) That worked wonderfully, though there were a few places I could find food by talking with the people (like sushi).

Tiffany aka "Have I Mentioned Chocolate Lately?"

Inconclusive Blood Tests, Positive Dietary Results, No Endoscopy

G.F. - September 2003; C.F. - July 2004

Hiker, Yoga Teacher, Engineer, Painter, Be-er of Me

Bellevue, WA

Join eNewsletter

My family does a lot of skiing and the best place I've found is Smugglers Notch in VT (www.smuggs.com). The resort is very celiac friendly. There's a small market in the resort itself that carries gluten free items and a convenience store about five minutes away that also carries a few items. All the condos in the resort have kitchens so you can cook your own food, if you want. One of the restaurants inside the resort, Hearth and Candle, doesn't have a gluten free menu, per se, but the staff is extremely knowledgeable and accommodating and I've eaten there countless times with absolutely no problems whatsoever. There are a few restaurants about 30-45 min away, in Stowe, also that are celiac friendly. I've never been to Red Basil but, supposedly, it is gluten free friendly. I have eaten at Ye Old English Inn - again, they don't have a gluten free menu, but they are very knowledgeable and accomodating and I've never had a problem there. Also, I've been to Stowe Meadows Inn - just a warning, it's extremely expensive and, since it is really at B&B, you can only eat there if there isn't someone staying that night in the Inn. However, the couple that owns the B&B is very nice and the Inn itself is absolutely gorgeous. It's about 10 minutes or so outside of Stowe.

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter