Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jake Eagle

Muscle Fatigue/spasms

I've been gluten-free for 5 years. With the support of homeopathy I have regained much of my vitality, but I have not regained any of the weight that I've lost. Also, I continue to experience injuries and muscle spasms if I exert myself. I must have some deficiency in my system, but I've never found anyone who could help me figure this out. I'm curious if this symptom is experienced by others and has anyone found a solution?

Thanks

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I've been gluten-free for 5 years. With the support of homeopathy I have regained much of my vitality, but I have not regained any of the weight that I've lost. Also, I continue to experience injuries and muscle spasms if I exert myself. I must have some deficiency in my system, but I've never found anyone who could help me figure this out. I'm curious if this symptom is experienced by others and has anyone found a solution?

Thanks

Hey Jake,

Have you ever had a full blood work up. (It used to be called an Executive Panel). That would be a great beginning to look for deficiencies. On going deficiencies can cause some life long irreversible issues.

Lisa

Gluten Free - August 15, 2004

"Not all who wander are lost" - JRR Tolkien

Join eNewsletter

I got the same thing before I got diagnosed, and when I was hospitalized, their blood work indicated an extremely low potassium level. DO NOT - please, do not under any circumstances self treat this- low potassium and high potassium are both extremely dangerous. If you think you may have it, get your doctor to check for it. Don't simply go buy supplements. Taking supplements when you are not very deficient can put too much potassium into your blood, and cause heart strain and serious muscle and neuropathy issues.

That being said, it is worth looking into. Also, have you been stretching/resting between things that could cause strain?

~Destiny (the super-stressed not-a-holiday girl)

Diagnosed with Celiac on April 24, 2007

The bad:

Ovarian Cysts- unable to carry a child

Nerve damage

Severe intestinal damage

Near death experiences

The good:

A new outlook on life

A newfound respect for others who must face challenges that they did not necessarily want to face today

Healthy Cookies

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter