Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

miles2go

Too Funny

I am home baking pies and such for the holiday. Who Wants To Be A Millionaire? is on in the background and the question that Meredith had for the contestant with an M.D. for $25,000 was something like this:

Because of potential intestinal damage, people with celiac disease cannot eat this:

a. poached eggs

b. rice

c. wheat bread

d. steak tartare

He had to do a 50/50 to shore it up. Then he had to phone a friend, another doctor. Meredith was giving us the eyes, most probably from her days with Elisabeth Hasselbeck on The View, which was kind of funny. At the end of his seconds, the other phone-a-friend doctor blurted out something about "whole wheat, def..." and the contestant guy got his $25,000.

Next question booted him...

Happy Turkey Day, everyone!

Margaret

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I happened to catch this--the TV was on in the next room, and when I heard the question I ran in....as I watched, my face looked something like this-- :o

I don't know what kind of doctor he is, but he had absolutely no idea what Celiac Disease is <_< I couldn't believe that he couldn't even pick it out of a multiple choice--and then even when there were only 2 answers to choose from.

His friend, the other doctor, didn't come right out with it, either....he stammered until there was about 2 seconds left, and then said "wheat def" :huh:

Oh my... :(

Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter