Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nyxie63

Saw The Gi Doc Today

Haven't seen the GI doc since doing the elimination diet and challenges. Since I'm already gluten-free, he doesn't want to do any further testing on that front. He was impressed that I pursued the elimination diet on my own after getting a negative on Celiac biopsy results. His answer to all this: if it makes you feel bad, just don't eat it. Gee! Thanks for the head's up. :huh:

Anyway, I told him about the abdominal and back pain I've been having. He ordered an abdominal ultrasound, primarily to check my gallbladder, but they're doing the whole thing. Have an appt set up for Dec 5th.

When does it end? No, really.

In other news, haven't had a BM since doing the barley challenge on Monday. *sigh* Wonder what my weight would have been if I'd taken off my shoes and had a BM this morning. Lost 5 pounds since I saw him 6 weeks ago, as it is.

Edit: Oh yeah! My questions *headsmack* Sorry about that. Mind is in about 15 different places right now.

Ddoes anyone know what percentage of folks with gluten intolerance end up with gallbaldder problems? Any ideas about percentages of those who get C as opposed to D?

2/05 GERD

3/07 Multinodular goiter (suspicious for follicular neoplasm as of 11/07)

5/07 Iron, vit D, and B vit deficiencies (all of them), but particularly B1, B5, B12 and folate

6/07 Elevated mercury, subclinical hypothyroid, adrenal fatigue, CFS

9/07 Endo/Colonoscopy - neg biopsy (only took 2 samples), diverticulosis, benign polyps

10/07 PCOS (cysts in breasts, ovaries and cervix)

10/07 Major reaction to wheat challenge. Minor reactions to corn, dairy, barley, and refined sugar

2/08 Candida (per Doctor's Data)

3/08 Lyme disease (clinical dx), began tx

3/08 Intradermal allergy testing - high for wheat, beef, pork, tuna, and corn - moderate for almonds, chicken, coffee, eggs, garlic, gluten, green peas, milk, rice, soy, sugar, tomatoes, green peppers, celery, sesame, garbanzo, mushroom, cabbage, strawberries, and spinach.

4/08 Began tx for babs and bart

4/08 Slightly elevated titres for EBV and HHV-6. IgG1 deficiency.

"What doesn't kill us makes us stronger... and stranger."

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Join eNewsletter