Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ok i finally got all my ss blood work and im kinda confused.

I got the results from jan and then the ones for this month.

His mcv is flagged as low in january, but now they are kinda normal. From what i am readingb about mcv it talks about anemia and b12 deficisncy.

Could it be it was so low when he was eating gbluten 24/7 and now going up cause he eats so much less.

I think he has been eatingb less gluten then once was thought cause he knew how it made him feel.

I am just mad the dr never told me about it being low months ago

paula

gluten, casein and soy free

on low carb/low sugar diet

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

The was what I found on the MCV (the bold is mine):

"Mean corpuscular volume (MCV) is the average volume of the individual red blood cells. MCV is calculated by dividing the hematocrit by the total RBCs. The average range is 81-101 femoliters. A low MCV indicates the cells are smaller than normal. This most commonly occurs because of an iron deficiency or chronic disease. AZT may cause the MCV to rise above normal, which may also happen if there is a B12 deficiency. "

Hopefully they are not just supplementing the iron and skipping the B12. If you are not already he needs to be taking a sublingual B12.

Courage does not always roar, sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying

"I will try again tommorrow" (Mary Anne Radmacher)

Diagnosed by Allergist with elimination diet and diagnosis confirmed by GI in 2002

Misdiagnoses for 15 years were IBS-D, ataxia, migraines, anxiety, depression, fibromyalgia, parathesias, arthritis, livedo reticularis, hairloss, premature menopause, osteoporosis, kidney damage, diverticulosis, prediabetes and ulcers, dermatitis herpeformis

All bold resoved or went into remission in time with proper diagnosis of Celiac November 2002

Gene Test Aug 2007

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0303

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0303

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 3,3 (Subtype 9,9)

Join eNewsletter

They are doing nothing, i was never even told about the low mcv. These labs were from january. I am really upset about this and will be talking to the dr on friday. tommorow i will post the complete blood work from the cbc. SOme of the number have gone higbher and some lower, so its very confusing.

paula

gluten, casein and soy free

on low carb/low sugar diet

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter