Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

missy'smom

Pie Crust Dough

Today I made crust using Bette Hagman's vinegar pastry from the revised edition of The Gluten-Free Gourmet and it came out good so I want to share it tomorrow. The recipie made two crusts but I only rolled out enough for one. The other is in a ball in a plastic baggie in my fridge. Will it be OK to roll out and use tomorrow, if I let it sit at room temp a bit before working with it? The one I made today was refrigerated 30 min before working with so wasn't as hard as the one in my fridge is now. I know this would all be fine if it was a reg crust but I don't know the nature of the beast when it comes to gluten-free stuff! It's got egg and shortening in it, no butter.

Me: GLUTEN-FREE 7/06, multiple food allergies, T2 DIABETES DX 8/08, LADA-Latent Autoimmune Diabetes in Adults, Who knew food allergies could trigger an autoimmune attack on the pancreas?! 1/11 Re-DX T1 DM, pos. DQ2 Celiac gene test 9/11

Son: ADHD '06,

neg. CELIAC PANEL 5/07

ALLERGY: "positive" blood and skin tests to wheat, which triggers his eczema '08

ENTEROLAB testing: elevated Fecal Anti-tissue Transglutaminase IgA Dec. '08

Gluten-free-Feb. '09

other food allergies

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I made pie crusts called Donna Jo's pastry dough & I was told it was from Betty Hageman. It made three single crusts & had butter crisco & oleo plus vinegar. This was the first time I tried this recipe. It was so easy to work with . I chilled my dough for about an hour or so. It states to refrigerate the dough for at least an hour or longer. So I think it will be okay to use tommorrow.. I know alot of people freeze the dough after they form it in a pie plate...

I will use the recipe forever it is that good & easy ......

mamaw

Join eNewsletter

I've used gluten-free doughs that have been in the refrigerator for a couple days. It was perfectly good. Don't worry about it. :)

Jenny

Son 6 yrs old, Positive blood work, Outstanding dietary response, no biopsy.

Household mostly gluten free since 3/07

Me: HLA-DQ 02 & 0302 (DQ 08), which I ran & analyzed myself!Currently gluten lite, negative tTG, asymptomatic

Join eNewsletter

Thank you both! :)

Me: GLUTEN-FREE 7/06, multiple food allergies, T2 DIABETES DX 8/08, LADA-Latent Autoimmune Diabetes in Adults, Who knew food allergies could trigger an autoimmune attack on the pancreas?! 1/11 Re-DX T1 DM, pos. DQ2 Celiac gene test 9/11

neg. CELIAC PANEL 5/07

ALLERGY: "positive" blood and skin tests to wheat, which triggers his eczema '08

Gluten-free-Feb. '09

other food allergies

Join eNewsletter

I've used gluten-free doughs that have been in the refrigerator for a couple days. It was perfectly good. Don't worry about it. :)

I have, too. I'm sure it will be fine :)

Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev

Join eNewsletter

I have, too. I'm sure it will be fine :)

OK. Now I can sleep tonight!

neg. CELIAC PANEL 5/07

Gluten-free-Feb. '09

other food allergies

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter