Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tgsnod

Quiznos New Flatbread "sammies" Ok?

Hi. Can anyone tell me if these new flatbread "sammies" from Quiznos are gluten free? Or even better can someone tell me what I CAN have there that is gluten-free.? I am a newbie so thanks in advance to everyone for your answers and help!!! If you like you can email me direct at: tgsnod@nexband.com

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Gluten free means avoiding all Wheat, Rye, Barley, Malt, and Oats.

Any bread that is served at a restaurant/fast food place is made from wheat (unless specifically stated not to). Nothing with bread at Quiznos is safe.

I don't know about the meat, etc. at Quiznos...however, even if ingredients are safe, you would need to be careful of cross contamination from all the gluten in the store.

Join eNewsletter

Your best bet is the raspberry chipotle chicken salad WITHOUT the bread (don't let them put it on the salad or you will be eating gluten crumbs, which are enough to cause damage). I have been told that that dressing does not contain gluten and that the chicken was not marinated in soy sauce, but I have not seen the ingredients myself, so it doesn't hurt to double-check. You will have to ask at the store to see ingredients. Their website is no help whatsoever, it doesn't list ingredients.

Any bread or wrap that says "low carb" or "flat bread" STILL CONTAINS WHEAT. :( Bummer, isn't it?

As happygirl says, though, you do risk contamination.

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter