Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Glutenfreefamily

Virulent Cold Virus Has Killed 10, Including Healthy Adults

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

http://www.webmd.com/cold-and-flu/news/200...4-appears-in-us

I thought I would post this, if your cold seems to be getting worse or dragging on for long periods of time- go to the dr.

I have to wonder how many of those "healthy people who suddenly succombed to this illness" were REALLY healthy to begin with. How does something like undiagnosed Celiac affect overall health and immune function?

Ruth, single mom to DD1, 14, DD2, 113, and DS, 7

Kosher, low carb (since 6/3/07), gluten free (since 11/15/07), dairy free, mostly legume (incl. soy) free since 2/7/08. Now on the Blood Type Diet (type O) which includes cutting out corn as well. I have fibromyalgia and this diet is helping me feel better.

Join eNewsletter

Interesting.

I'd bet that the infant was not breast-fed, but was given formula: no immunoglobulin in formula, plus high likelihood of dairy issues.

I have a friend who was hospitalized last week with pneumonia, and she is only in her late 30's. She would fall under most doctors' definition of a healthy adult--but I suspect she has celiac. She also has asthma issues (which might also be linked with celiac), as well as an autistic 6-year-old and an infant who is falling off the growth charts.

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter