Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

home_based_mom

Turkey Oven Bags

I tried the search feature but the new format wasn't helpful.

Also, it's a bit too late now because I already did it :o but do you all just use corn starch instead of flour in the turkey oven bags? :unsure:

Please say yes! :P

Sandi ~ learning to live in a world obsessed and infested with wheat.

"You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows" probably was not referring to us . . .

"For the love of money gluten is a root of all sorts of evil, and some by longing for it have wandered away from the faith and pierced themselves with many griefs." (apologies to 1 Timothy 6:10 (NASB)

The person we most dislike is still a soul for whom Christ died. (David Jeremiah)

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I used the featherlite blend, I used that for everything. Worked great!!! My only bad experience was the impromtu rolls that I attempted to make :angry:

I tried the search feature but the new format wasn't helpful.

Also, it's a bit too late now because I already did it :o but do you all just use corn starch instead of flour in the turkey oven bags? :unsure:

Please say yes! :P

Positive for dermatitis herpetiformis via skin biopsy and blood tests 6/21/07

Gluten free since 6/25/07

Join eNewsletter

I used plain brown rice flour. IT worked.

CeeCee

Allergic to: wheat, peanuts and Penicillin

1995 severe anaphylactic reaction to Wheat

Gluten free since Sept. 2006

"Failure is only the opportunity to begin again, more intelligently"--- Henry Ford

Join eNewsletter

I'm happy to report that the corn starch worked. The bag did not blow up and the turkey came out just fine. I guess this is one case where corn starch can be used as a substitute for flour! :lol:

Sandi ~ learning to live in a world obsessed and infested with wheat.

"You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows" probably was not referring to us . . .

"For the love of money gluten is a root of all sorts of evil, and some by longing for it have wandered away from the faith and pierced themselves with many griefs." (apologies to 1 Timothy 6:10 (NASB)

The person we most dislike is still a soul for whom Christ died. (David Jeremiah)

Join eNewsletter

I was in a total pinch and only had gluten-free pancake mix :blink: It was totally fine!

Rachelle 20dance.gif

Daughter diagnosed 1/06 bloodwork and biopsy
-gluten-free since 1/06

Son tested negative-bloodwork (8/07), intestinal issues prompted biospy (3/08), results negative, but very positive dietary response, Dr. diagnosed Celiac disease (3/8)

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter