Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Joyous

Yeast/parasites

I read that having an overgrowth of yeast in your intestines or having parasites can cause a lot symptoms that are very similar to Celiac/gluten allergy/sensitivity, and that one can see improvement on a gluten free diet without having Celiac Disease simply because you're getting less yeast in your diet.

There's no "elimination diet" to determine if you have either of these things, so lab testing is the only way. I don't want to cut out gluten if that's not the real problem, but when I seriously consider paying for these tests I start to feel like a hypochondriac again. <_<

Does anyone have any experience with these things?

Joy

Not gluten free yet because I'm waiting to be tested.

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I don't know how expensive the blood test is...I had insurance when I got mine. I will say that lots of folks with Celiac Disease have troubles with yeast and parasites as well, due to years of faulty digestion.

You could do a candida cleanse diet, and then add back gluten - then if you get had you'll know to be suspicious of gluten. You could go gluten-free because it's healthy in other ways: less mineral loss, lower incidence of diabetes, etc....(grains are not all they're cracked up to be, no pun intended).

I don't know. What I do know is that if you do have Celiac, and you continue to eat gluten, you are putting yourself in great danger for developing other illnesses, up to and including cancer. Lots to consider, of course.

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter