Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sixtytwo

Great Cookie Crust For Pie Or Dessert

I wanted to make the Turtle Pumpkin Pie recipe that was in the magazines this month for our Thanksgiving dinner. I bought a package of Pamela's Pecan cookies, crumbled them up and added about 2/3 of a stick of melted butter and baked it in a 350 degree oven for about 8 minutes and when it cooled, proceeded with the recipe which is gluten free. It was wonderful. It is the most expensive cookie crust you will ever make, but for a really special occasion........hey, you are worth it!!!!!! Barbara

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I wanted to make the Turtle Pumpkin Pie recipe that was in the magazines this month for our Thanksgiving dinner. I bought a package of Pamela's Pecan cookies, crumbled them up and added about 2/3 of a stick of melted butter and baked it in a 350 degree oven for about 8 minutes and when it cooled, proceeded with the recipe which is gluten free. It was wonderful. It is the most expensive cookie crust you will ever make, but for a really special occasion........hey, you are worth it!!!!!! Barbara

Thanks Barbara, I use their cookies too. Midel animal crackers crushed or midel oreo's are good too, I love the animal crackers in banana pudding. I really like the pecan cookies with strawberry pie.

Join eNewsletter

I used almond meal, butter, and crushed gluten-free ginger snap cookies for my Thanksgiving pies, it turned out tasting like a "normal" cookie crust. I got compliments from non celiacs even. :D

Gluten free since October 2007

Houston, TX

Join eNewsletter

Ok sorry for the late post. We spent Thanksgiving at one of the kids place and their computer is up stairs. I cant do stairs any more. But any way I used mi-del arrowroot cookies for my pumpkin pie. Then for my apple pie I used Pamelas short bread almond cookies. I did as you did for the bottom but for the top I used the the cookies with butter and brown sugar. They both turn out so good every one not celiac was eating mine.

Hope every one had a nice Thanksgiving...

Grump

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming WOW-- What a Ride!

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter