Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Emily Elizabeth

Giant Brand Split Peas (uncooked)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

What does it say on the ingredients bag. If it only list green and yellow peas, it is gluten free because it contains no gluten ingredients.

Rinse it well and enjoy your soup.

Some of the dry bean mixes do contain barley as an ingredient, but it is CLEARLY listed.

Lisa

Gluten Free - August 15, 2004

"Not all who wander are lost" - JRR Tolkien

Join eNewsletter

The ingredients don't list any gluten so it looks like I'm good to go! Yay! I asked because I purchased a bag of Goya chickpeas a few weeks ago thinking that there couldn't possibly be any problem with them and when I got home I read a statement on the bag that said that the product may contain traces of wheat (I guess due to the processing facility). Anyway, I guess I'm overly paranoid now about beans. I'll make sure I rinse well - I'm not always good about that :). Thanks for your help!

What does it say on the ingredients bag. If it only list green and yellow peas, it is gluten free because it contains no gluten ingredients.

Rinse it well and enjoy your soup.

Some of the dry bean mixes do contain barley as an ingredient, but it is CLEARLY listed.

Join eNewsletter

The ingredients don't list any gluten so it looks like I'm good to go! Yay! I asked because I purchased a bag of Goya chickpeas a few weeks ago thinking that there couldn't possibly be any problem with them and when I got home I read a statement on the bag that said that the product may contain traces of wheat (I guess due to the processing facility). Anyway, I guess I'm overly paranoid now about beans. I'll make sure I rinse well - I'm not always good about that :). Thanks for your help!

I recently just noticed this myself. I got paranoid and threw them out since after I ate some of the chickpeas, I felt rather icky and nothing else that day (as far as I could remember) could have set me off. I didn't feel too bad since there wasn't many left in the bag but to play it safe I'm going to look around for one that doesn't state "may contain wheat". For certain beans (like lentils and chickpeas) I like having dry since I don't use them as quick as the other canned beans.

Gluten Free since 01/28/08

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter