This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Do You Look Like This After Being Glutened?

tbradley93

tbradley93 Apprentice

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v400/Tbr...93/IMG_2049.webp

this is me after being cc'd and it was my own fault! What can I do to speed up the recovery process. I leave for Vegas on Thursday and I really don't want to look and feel like this when I go on vacation! Someone told me to but Vit E on my eye. will that help it heal? I've also heard some people on this forum talk about probotics, they say they get over their symtoms quicker while taking it, is that right? HELP!

Tina

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

sickchick Community Regular

Yeah the only I can think of would be probiotics. You can take a theraputic dose (50 billions organisms) and hopefully that will help!

Good luck!

lovelove

sickchick

FootballFanatic Contributor

I can't really tell if you are experiencing swelling, because I don't know what you normally look like, but if it's swollen, try a benadryl. Also ice and cucumbers are good for swelling. I would get as much rest as you can. I do take probiotics but I haven't really had a terrible glutening so I don't know if it makes a difference for me.

Best of luck, and you really don't look that bad.

Guhlia Rising Star

Try Red Bull. Its a strong liquid burst of vitamins and caffeine. It can do wonders for a glutening, at least for me it does.

Emily Elizabeth Enthusiast

That's good to know! I usually gravitate towards sugar and then that makes me feel worse of course (stomach bloating/gas). I normally don't drink energy drinks, but it sounds like it might do the trick if I'm glutened. Thanks for the tip!

Try Red Bull. Its a strong liquid burst of vitamins and caffeine. It can do wonders for a glutening, at least for me it does.
jerseyangel Proficient

Be careful with vitamin E--it can be derived from wheat. Not always, but you do need to check on the brand you want to use.

I look very pale when glutened--and my forehead breaks out a little. I usually avoid caffeine, but when glutened, I have natural cola (Boylan's) that has some caffeine and it helps that dragged-down, tired feeling.

Can't tell from the pic what's going on with your eye, but if it's irritated I'd use a warm washcloth--lay down and place it over your eyes.

Offthegrid Explorer

I get a bad flareup of acne when I get glutened. It stinks!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

NorthernElf Enthusiast

Yep - that's me on gluten !

I look ill - dark circles under my eyes and that puffiness. For me it (partly) comes from my sinuses. Exercise helps me cope and helps with water retention/puffiness (if your gut is ok with it). I work at a pool & the chlorine in the air aggravates glutened sinuses something terrible - if I'm glutened and need to work I take a decongestant/allergy pill too or I end up with a huge headache that goes down to my shoulders. Ugh.

rsm Newbie

You like me for the last 25 years, acne, eye circles, pale skin. I hope you start feeling better!

dandelionmom Enthusiast

Rest and hydration are all that work for me.

Archived