Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tbradley93

Do You Look Like This After Being Glutened?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v400/Tbr...93/IMG_2049.jpg

this is me after being cc'd and it was my own fault! What can I do to speed up the recovery process. I leave for Vegas on Thursday and I really don't want to look and feel like this when I go on vacation! Someone told me to but Vit E on my eye. will that help it heal? I've also heard some people on this forum talk about probotics, they say they get over their symtoms quicker while taking it, is that right? HELP!

Tina

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Yeah the only I can think of would be probiotics. You can take a theraputic dose (50 billions organisms) and hopefully that will help!

Good luck!

lovelove

sickchick

Collette

Positive Bloodwork Oct 1st 2007. Gluten-free 3 YEARS Oct 1st!

Dairy & Soy free since Dec 1st 2007.

Potato free since January 3rd 2008.

Remaining Nightshades since April 1st 2008. Back on September 2010. :)

Developed Rice & Tapioca & Corn Intolerances...

NO Carageenan.

In a constant state of evolution... sending love! :)

Join eNewsletter

I can't really tell if you are experiencing swelling, because I don't know what you normally look like, but if it's swollen, try a benadryl. Also ice and cucumbers are good for swelling. I would get as much rest as you can. I do take probiotics but I haven't really had a terrible glutening so I don't know if it makes a difference for me.

Best of luck, and you really don't look that bad.

10-06 Diagnosed Urinary Tract Infection (Allergic to Cipro, Bactrim, Macrobid, Doxycycline, Monocycline, Penicillin) - This UTI is still present with no symptoms.

10-06 Diagnosed "Acid Reflux" (Nexium didn't work)

12-06 Endoscopy diagnosed Gastritis (Negative Bioposy)

12-06 Negative bloodwork for Celiac Disease, Diagnosed "Gastroparesis" - Started Zelnorm

1-07 Diagnosed "IBS-C" - Still taking Zelnorm

3-07 HIDA scan to check gallbladder which was fully functional.

3-07 Zelnorm taken off market, started Domperidone

4-21-07 Emergency Appendectomy (FUUUNN!)

7-24-07 Enterolab results came back positive

Gluten Free since that night....

...Still not feeling great.

"Don't expect constant success, but strive for constant growth."

Join eNewsletter

Try Red Bull. Its a strong liquid burst of vitamins and caffeine. It can do wonders for a glutening, at least for me it does.

~Angie~

Gluten free since May 2004

Join eNewsletter

That's good to know! I usually gravitate towards sugar and then that makes me feel worse of course (stomach bloating/gas). I normally don't drink energy drinks, but it sounds like it might do the trick if I'm glutened. Thanks for the tip!

Try Red Bull. Its a strong liquid burst of vitamins and caffeine. It can do wonders for a glutening, at least for me it does.

Join eNewsletter

Be careful with vitamin E--it can be derived from wheat. Not always, but you do need to check on the brand you want to use.

I look very pale when glutened--and my forehead breaks out a little. I usually avoid caffeine, but when glutened, I have natural cola (Boylan's) that has some caffeine and it helps that dragged-down, tired feeling.

Can't tell from the pic what's going on with your eye, but if it's irritated I'd use a warm washcloth--lay down and place it over your eyes.

Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev

Join eNewsletter

Yep - that's me on gluten !

I look ill - dark circles under my eyes and that puffiness. For me it (partly) comes from my sinuses. Exercise helps me cope and helps with water retention/puffiness (if your gut is ok with it). I work at a pool & the chlorine in the air aggravates glutened sinuses something terrible - if I'm glutened and need to work I take a decongestant/allergy pill too or I end up with a huge headache that goes down to my shoulders. Ugh.

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter