Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GFinTX

My Daughter's celiac disease Test Results

Hi. I'm new to the board. My mom was recently dx'd with celiac disease, so I'm having my children tested. My oldest daughter is being tested first as she seems to have many of the celiac disease symptoms. She was recently dx's as lactose intolerant as well.

The nurse just called and said her celiac disease results were all normal except the Iga antibody test. She said that was low (just barely) and she was going to check with the doctor to see if we needed further testing.

Anyone know what this means?

Thanks much!

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

One possibility is that your daughter has IgA deficiency (more common in coeliacs)

If she has this it means she wouldn't produce enough antibodies to produce a 'positive' blood test (even if she is a coeliac)

Having said that - lots of people on this board have had negative bloods but have seen fantastic results going gluten-free.

Good Luck :)

It's not enough that we do our best; sometimes we have to do what's required - Sir Winston Churchill

Nikki

Son diagnosed with Coeliac Disease Oct 2006 by biopsy (at age 13yrs)

black_cat.gif

Join eNewsletter

Maybe she meant that the result was low positive, just barely positive. This would be positive still.

nora

gluten-free since may 06 after neg. biopsy symptoms went away and DH symptoms which I had since 03 got gradually better.

daughter officially diagnosed celiac and casein intolerant.

non-DQ2 or DQ8. Maybe DQ1? Updated: Yes, double DQ5

Hypothyroid since 2000, thyroxine first started to work well 06 on a low-carb and gluten-free diet

Lost 20 kg after going gluten-free and weighing 53 kg now. neg. biopsy for DH. Found out afterwards from this forum that it should have been taken during an outbreak but it was taken two weeks after. vitaminD was 57 nmol/l in may08)

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter