This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Ruby Tuesday

debmidge

debmidge Rising Star

This restaurant sent me a flier...just wondering if anyone had gluten-free meal there? Their website doesn't state anything about gluten-free...

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

blueeyedmanda Community Regular

I have not tried Ruby Tuesday's yet, my parents love the place but for some reason I just do not feel comfortable going there. I am hoping someone on here can share something though. In the future it would help me to decide whether or not to venture there.

cruelshoes Enthusiast

This is from 7/11/06. Doesn't look promising

This is in response to your communication to us regarding

potential allergic reactions to the food we serve. We appreciate and

understand your request for information. Unfortunately Ruby Tuesday

does not and cannot supply a listing of allergens that might be present

in our menu items for the following reasons:

- Although we require our suppliers to meet high standards for

quality and safe food handling, we cannot know for an absolute certainty

if the food items we purchase from outside sources do or do not contain

allergens.

- It is always possible, as we are preparing food in over 700

restaurants every day, that one item will be substituted for another,

and that the substitute product's contents may be different from the

ingredients in the products we normally use.

- As food is being prepared in our restaurants, it often comes

in contact with other food, so even though a specific item may not

contain allergens, it could be affected by another food item that does.

For those reasons, we believe it is better to tell you we cannot provide

the information you are requesting than to give you information that is

not accurate and could be detrimental rather than helpful. We hope you

understand and appreciate your interest in Ruby Tuesday.

Thank you,

Cynthia Ackerman

Culinary Support

I have to agree with Colleen on this one....

Lisa Mentor

I have tried Ruby Tuesday. The choices are very limited and I would not touch the salad bar. I did find that the manager was very attentive and consulted with the chief (with the use of my Triumph Dining cards). I had a chicken dish.

At any local restaurant, I would suggest go during off dining times and sit down and discuss your options with the management/chief. When I have done that, I have found everyone very accommodating.

I was in the Chocolate Ave Grill in Hershey on Friday for lunch with some friends from work. I have posted before about good service I had there before.

Friday they went over and beyond. I asked about the fries. The waitress came back and told me, there was no wheat on the fries but they are fried in the same fryer as their breaded shrimp. I was so happy she took that extra step.

Anyway, I opted for a cheese steak without the bun. I was very impressed! I tell everyone who is coming to Hershey or lives in the area. This place is very affordable and great service.

kbtoyssni Contributor

I have eaten at Ruby Tuesday's a few times. Both times I got a grilled chicken breast with swiss cheese, lettuce, tomato and pickle and a baked potato (requested for it not to be cut open) and sour cream. I treat it like any other restaurant that has a burger-style menu.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

mamaw Community Regular

I been to Ruby Tuesday's twice , both times I was glutened. The food was good tasting but I will not go there again.... they just don't get cc ..... in fact one server told me you can't get sick from food unless it is spoiled!!!!That did it for me.....

mamaw

lovegrov Collaborator

Wouldn't go near it. One of those places that basically sends most of their foods pre-frozen and the folks there have no idea what's in it. Overpriced and, as you can see, will only waffle on what's in the food.

richard

Rivergirl Apprentice

BLAECKY. My staff took me to Ruby's for Boss's Day. It was so sweet - they took me to lunch and wanted to buy, I felt obligated to go. Even thought I couldn't stand the place before diagnosis. I ordered what one of the previous responders mentioned, a very plain chicken breast with cheese and steamed veggies on the side. No flavor what so ever. And you guessed it, I got crapped up. God knows from what! Next time for Boss's day, I will buy and I will choose.

-

debmidge Rising Star
IAt any local restaurant, I would suggest go during off dining times and sit down and discuss your options with the management/chief. When I have done that, I have found everyone very accommodating.

I did this at a local restaurant at 2 in afternoon and the waitress kind of rudely told me to get lost in so many words (manager wasn't expected until height of dinner meal 6PM) and she was too busy to talk to me....very disappointing and I didn't return at 6 PM since that is a real busy time for them on a Saturday night.

wolfie Enthusiast

I had a good experience at a Ruby Tuesday. I didn't choose to go there, but went with family. I had a plain burger with cheese, steamed broccoli with butter only and a salad. I didn't get glutened and the manager was very helpful. It isn't someplace that I would go to frequently, but they were helpful when I needed to eat there.

Archived