Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sarad1

Cottage Cheese

Does anyone know if the following is gluten-free. I know the cottage cheese is, but not sure if the fruit is. Listed in the ing. is modified food starch and I'm leery about that. It is a Kraft food.

BREAKSTONE'S - COTTAGE CHEESE & TOPPING - COTTAGE DOUBLES STRAWBERRY LOWFAT

Step son (the youngest boy in picture) diagnosed with Celiac December of 2006, family eats gluten free most of the time, but not always.

I believe my husband also has Celiac, but is too stubborn to be tested.

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

If the source is wheat, they would have to disclose it. I no longer eat dairy, but when I did, I always bought the kind without modified food starch. Alpenrose is one such brand. So is Friendship. Not sure what is available where you live. Usually when I find one, I find it is only available at certain stores. I just like the taste and mouthfeel of the ones without the food starch.

Join eNewsletter

If the source is wheat, they would have to disclose it. I no longer eat dairy, but when I did, I always bought the kind without modified food starch. Alpenrose is one such brand. So is Friendship. Not sure what is available where you live. Usually when I find one, I find it is only available at certain stores. I just like the taste and mouthfeel of the ones without the food starch.

That's what I thought too, from what I have been told Kraft has to list in the ingredients if there is anything that may contain gluten, but I just wanted to be sure before I fed it to my step son. He is dying to eat it and, of course, I don't want to make him sick!

Step son (the youngest boy in picture) diagnosed with Celiac December of 2006, family eats gluten free most of the time, but not always.

I believe my husband also has Celiac, but is too stubborn to be tested.

Join eNewsletter

I have eaten those in the past with no problem but after the first one or two I started just getting a for sure gluten-free cottage cheese and adding an organic no sugar added jam. Much less expensive and much less artificial junk that way.

Courage does not always roar, sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying

"I will try again tommorrow" (Mary Anne Radmacher)

Diagnosed by Allergist with elimination diet and diagnosis confirmed by GI in 2002

Misdiagnoses for 15 years were IBS-D, ataxia, migraines, anxiety, depression, fibromyalgia, parathesias, arthritis, livedo reticularis, hairloss, premature menopause, osteoporosis, kidney damage, diverticulosis, prediabetes and ulcers, dermatitis herpeformis

All bold resoved or went into remission in time with proper diagnosis of Celiac November 2002

Gene Test Aug 2007

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0303

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0303

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 3,3 (Subtype 9,9)

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter