This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

What Dry Cereals Have You Found

jmomee99

jmomee99 Rookie

Hi,

I was reading another post and I think it said Tix and dora Stars were some products that were used. This is an area that I have not found anything yet. My son loved co co puffs. He also liked fruit loops so if the trix are ok then maybe I will try them because they are simular to fruit loops.

I anyone can tell me cereals that you have already found that are gluten free I would appreciate it. My son obvesly loves the sugery sweep stuff.

Thanks

Julie

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

eleep Enthusiast

I like Nature's Path's "Mesa Sunrise" flakes -- they're amaranth and a few other gluten-free things. Not sugary in the least however -- I know that Envirokidz makes some gluten-free sugary-type things.

blueeyedmanda Community Regular

Dora Stars, Fruity Pebbles, as far as mainstream.

PErky O's weren't too bad.

I really want to try GLutino cereals, but haven't yet.

Darn210 Enthusiast

My kids like the Envirokids Amazon Frosted Flakes and Gorilla Munch. Although, Fruity Pebbles is their current favorite right now.

ptkds Community Regular

We use Cocoa Pebbles and Trix daily! Read ingredients, and watch out for Malt and oat flour. those are common.

Ridgewalker Contributor

My kids and I are major cereal eaters.

We always have:

Fruity Pebbles, Berry Pebbles

Cocoa Pebbles

Trix

Envirokids Gorilla Munch (tastes like Kix)

Dora the Explorer Cinnamon Stars and Disney's Little Einsteins cereal are also gluten-free.

I've heard that Whole Foods has a new gluten-free cereal called Cocoa Comets, that's supposed to be like Cocoa Puffs. I haven't been able to find it at my Whole Foods yet- still waiting. :D

I'm always checking new "limited time" cereals, too. GM put out a Spider Man cereal for a little while that was gluten-free.

I wish someone would put out a gluten-free version of Lucky Charms :(

tarnalberry Community Regular

while I think that getting away from cereal as the only breakfast meal is a good idea, I have it on occasion still. generally perkys, nature's path mesa sunrise, and health valley corn or rice crunch-ems. (the later mostly as a snack)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Juliebove Rising Star

If you have a Safeway in your area, they have their own brand like Cocoa Puffs. Comes in a bag. I think it's called Cocoa Astro Stars or something like that.

Also, if you have a Wegmans, they have a Organic Strawberry Corn Flakes cereal, under their name brand. It is marked gluten free on the box and I have had it, very good. I eat it dry. :)

Tequila Newbie

I used to love fruit loops too. I think that the Disney Little Einsteins cereal tastes just like fruit loops. I like them better than the fruity pebbles because they stay crunchier in milk. There's also a cereal you can find in health food stores by Health Valley i think. Called Rice Crunchems. They are pretty similar to rice chex, just without the malt flavoring.

jerseyangel Proficient
Also, if you have a Wegmans, they have a Organic Strawberry Corn Flakes cereal, under their name brand. It is marked gluten free on the box and I have had it, very good. I eat it dry. :)

Amanda--

Do you find this in the Nature's Marketplace or the regular cereal aisle?

Amanda--

Do you find this in the Nature's Marketplace or the regular cereal aisle?

Actually 3 different places, the gluten free aisle itself, the Nature's Marketplace cereal aisle, and the regular cereal aisle.

Which is nice.

It is very good. I sent them comments on it and got a very nice response back saying how they are very into Celiac Disease and are glad to be able to accomodate us.

I always feel welcomed there.

shan Contributor

Just to tell you people, my daughter had a reaction to both the pebbles cereal and trix :( sorry

Just to tell you people, my daughter had a reaction to both the pebbles cereal and trix :( sorry

Pebbles are safe for celiacs. Trix varies depending on the formula, they had been switching back and forth a few months back.

Juliet Newbie

We eat Envirokidz Gorilla Munch, Panda Puffs, Koala Crisp (kind of like Cocoa Krispies and less sweet than Cocoa Pebbles), Amazon Flakes and other Nature's Path cereals like their version of Rice Krispies, puffed corn, etc. (Nature's Path & Envirokidz are the same company.) We also like Trader Joe's gluten free granola.

Archived