This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Help Celiac.com:
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Members In Need.....ongoing Support Thread

AndreaB

AndreaB Contributor

This thread is designed to be a place where those that need prayers, good thoughts, vibes, energy for situations they need support for to come.

A centralized thread will help keep those members needs in one place for others to see.

For those who subscribe to this thread......if it's not active at times, please make sure to re-add it to your subscriptions after 30 days. That way no one will be left without the support they need.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

jerseyangel Proficient

Thanks Andrea :)

nutralady2001 Newbie

Thank you this is an excellent idea xx

Judyin Philly Enthusiast

thanks Andrea

Great idea. Is this a new forum topic so we can go there to ck or just a thread?

judy

Fiddle-Faddle Community Regular

Thank you, Andrea!!

blueeyedmanda Community Regular

Thanks Andrea :):)

So here is my first "in need" post on this thread:

My son's friend Noah, age 8 1/2, is STILL in terrible trouble.

He has been in a medically induced coma since Labor Day because of encephalitis-caused seizures. The latest cat scans show extensive brain damage. They are still unable to bring him out of the coma without further seizures.

I am not sure what to ask for here--maybe visualizing his brain tissue recovering against all odds? Seizures ending? His opening his eyes, smiling, and hugging his parents?

Prayers?

Our family--and our whole community--is heartbroken. And that's gotta be nothing compared to what his family is going through.

Thanks, everybody.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

AndreaB Contributor

Judy,

It's a thread devoted to those in need of support.

Alison,

I'm sorry to hear about Noah still not doing well. I'll let my family know about him too.

Judyin Philly Enthusiast

Alison.....Noah has been in my nightly prayers since I learned about him and his family.

They will continue as for those for you....who cared enough to bring them to our attention.

judy

Cheri A Contributor

I was wondering how Noah was doing... I'm :( to read your post. He and his family, the medical staff, and your family continue to be in my prayers also.

Canadian Karen Community Regular

Allison, I too was wondering about Noah. Sad to hear things have not taken a turn for the better....

Continuing to pray....

Hugs

Karen

Ursa Major Collaborator

Alison, I will pray for Noah right now.

I could sure use prayer. Things are deteriorating here at home, it is getting unbearable for Susie and me.

Her vice principal in charge of her at school is a complete jerk, and her and my husband are getting to be great buddies, which is very upsetting to Susie and me. They seem to be doing everything they can to make life miserable for Susie, who doesn't deserve that, she is a sweet kid.

I am glad that she is going to move to live with her older sister and her family in February (our second-oldest, ten years older than Susie), for her sake. But her being gone will make things harder for me.

Anyway, I won't go into more detail than that. But I am at the end of my rope.

Glutenfreefamily Enthusiast

Fiddle faddle- Noah and his family are in my prayers, I hope things turn around for him soon.

Ursa- Im so sorry you are having family problems, I will be praying for you also and your daughter Susie.

Alison, I will pray for Noah right now.

I could sure use prayer. Things are deteriorating here at home, it is getting unbearable for Susie and me.

Her vice principal in charge of her at school is a complete jerk, and her and my husband are getting to be great buddies, which is very upsetting to Susie and me. They seem to be doing everything they can to make life miserable for Susie, who doesn't deserve that, she is a sweet kid.

I am glad that she is going to move to live with her older sister and her family in February (our second-oldest, ten years older than Susie), for her sake. But her being gone will make things harder for me.

Anyway, I won't go into more detail than that. But I am at the end of my rope.

Sorry things are so frustrating, Ursa.

I don't suppose it would help if Susie were to smile and pretend to agree with your husband and the vice principal? Just until February? Sort of as a survival thing...

Anyway, prayers sent!

jerseyangel Proficient

Alison,

I will keep Noah and his family in my prayers. :( We need to keep that positive energy flowing his way.

Ursa,

Gosh, I'm so sorry about you and Susie. You are in my thoughts, too :)

confused Community Regular

I will of course pray for noah, i feel so sad for everyone involved. Please keep us posted on him and the whole family.

Ursa, im so sorry things are that bad. Is there a way you can just leave your hubby and you and susie go live with your oldest dtr.

paula

confused Community Regular

I am also in need for thoughts for 2 reasons.

1. that this family can come into agreement on mnay issues and that i have the strngbth to keep supporting my husband, this week has been very difficult on us both.

2. my uncle(the one that had cancer a few months back) got bit by an brown recluse, he had it drained but it gbot p%$#@# again and posion puss was coming out of his ears. They are doing an mri on him today, they dotn feel they can operate cause the poison has spread to far. I am so worried for him.

paula

Judyin Philly Enthusiast

Allison, Paula, Ursa.........such saddness.

Your all in my prayers.

judy

nutralady2001 Newbie
Allison, Paula, Ursa.........such saddness.

Your all in my prayers.

judy

You are all in my prayers as well xx :wub:

Archived