Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

isiskingdom

Hot Chocolate

Actually, I've tried the salt thing before and you're right, I think that's what's missing! I'd completely forgotten about it, lol.

Thank you for all the ideas I hope one of them sit well in my stomach. I am have a Lot of intestinal problems lately. I am going to try that Darifree. Thanks again.

I've been making cocoa with cocoa powder, coconut milk and agave syrup for a couple of years now. I found that if you add a dash of sea salt, it opens up the flavor considerably and brings it closer to the real thing. Before I did that, it always seemed to be missing something. It makes a really thick cocoa, but if the thickness bothers you, just add a little water. I tried a speck of scraped vanilla bean and it was a nice addition as well. I always put all the ingredients in the blender for a quick spin first before transferring it to a saucepan. It assures smoothness.

I am going to try this one for sure. What ratios do you use for each?

Lately when I want cocoa, I heat up a mug of chocolate Rice Dream and mix in about a tablespoon of coconut milk (it makes it more creamy).

Last winter I found a peppermint cocoa at Trader Joe's and would make it with half rice milk and half coconut milk. Yum! :)