Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

isiskingdom

Hot Chocolate

Actually, I've tried the salt thing before and you're right, I think that's what's missing! I'd completely forgotten about it, lol.

Thank you for all the ideas I hope one of them sit well in my stomach. I am have a Lot of intestinal problems lately. I am going to try that Darifree. Thanks again.

Bobbie,

tested positive for celiac 2007

Gall bladder removed 2007

D/C a month after daughter was born 2005

Low Blood Pressure

Fainting disorder

food allergy to Dairy, pork,fish,most peanut butter,nutra sweet,aspartam and more to be determined.

I've been making cocoa with cocoa powder, coconut milk and agave syrup for a couple of years now. I found that if you add a dash of sea salt, it opens up the flavor considerably and brings it closer to the real thing. Before I did that, it always seemed to be missing something. It makes a really thick cocoa, but if the thickness bothers you, just add a little water. I tried a speck of scraped vanilla bean and it was a nice addition as well. I always put all the ingredients in the blender for a quick spin first before transferring it to a saucepan. It assures smoothness.

I am going to try this one for sure. What ratios do you use for each?

Lately when I want cocoa, I heat up a mug of chocolate Rice Dream and mix in about a tablespoon of coconut milk (it makes it more creamy).

Last winter I found a peppermint cocoa at Trader Joe's and would make it with half rice milk and half coconut milk. Yum! :)

I recently found this on the net and thought it was good. Very chocolatey.

1T. Vance's Darifree

2T. cocoa powder

2T. sugar

1 c. boiling water

Me: GLUTEN-FREE 7/06, multiple food allergies, T2 DIABETES DX 8/08, LADA-Latent Autoimmune Diabetes in Adults, Who knew food allergies could trigger an autoimmune attack on the pancreas?! 1/11 Re-DX T1 DM, pos. DQ2 Celiac gene test 9/11

Son: ADHD '06,

neg. CELIAC PANEL 5/07

ALLERGY: "positive" blood and skin tests to wheat, which triggers his eczema '08

ENTEROLAB testing: elevated Fecal Anti-tissue Transglutaminase IgA Dec. '08

Gluten-free-Feb. '09

other food allergies